Throttle body spacers

ledfootss

how many of us have put a TB spacer on?  And do they help with the vortechs or is it a waste of money?  i did put on a helix TB spacer and did not feel a diference so i was wondering if any body else felt the same.

I bought my SS with an air raid TP Spacer on it and left it on for about 4k miles. It made the truck act funny.....

At highway speeds, when just cruising... I let off the gas pedal and the truck continues to go as if someone else is pressing the acclerator. and several times, I put the truck in neutral at those highway speeds and the motor would stay at 1500 RPM for 15-30 seconds and then slowly run back to idle.

Also, and maybe my perception, but the tip in was much slower with the AirRaid installed. In other words, it felt like I had to press more on the accelerator to get it to start moving ... or said another way, the truck needed to be at 2k+ RPM to get moving.

As for MPG, I got 13.8 with it, I am getting 13.5 now without it. But I got a computer tuning about 3 weeks after taking it off and I step on the gas harder now that the truck behaves like a truck with a BIG motor should. :D I have the AirRaid if someone wants to buy it from me (obviously not trying to sell,) but I couldn't tell if it did anything to help the performance of my particular truck.

Throttle body spacers, will they help us or not

No.

For anyone who has ever looked into the throat of our intakes, air is forced up through a slit in the top. Even if the spacer straightens out air flow or whatever, it wont stay that way for long.

The TB spacer was originally designed for carborated motors. The extra space helped fuel and air flow and made power. The same thing doesn't apply for our trucks.

Throttle body spacers, will they help us or not

No.

For anyone who has ever looked into the throat of our intakes, air is forced up through a slit in the top. Even if the spacer straightens out air flow or whatever, it wont stay that way for long.

The TB spacer was originally designed for carborated motors. The extra space helped fuel and air flow and made power. The same thing doesn't apply for our trucks.

Elloquent. Well said. (sp?) Too much wadka, make it hard to spell corectly! :D Night and Merry Christmas.

Archived