Sad Sight

56chevywagon

It didn't look to me that it was in that bad of shape. Wonder why it was totaled? Seems it was only minor frame damage. At least both air bags deployed and I didn't see any blood. I guess there are things you just can't see.

The truck is obviously totaled, otherwise the insurance company would have fixed it. If the damage exceeds 60% of the value of the truck they consider it totaled. 60% of 30k is $18000, it doesn't look like that much damage, the frame must have severe damage. I think the $15000 starting bid is a little high. It would be hard for a body man to make very much money on the truck, especially trying to sell it with a salvaged title. It would make a really good donor truck for a rcsb SS! That's just one less SS on the road. :nonod:

I was thinking the same thing Ben. Pull the motor and tranny, rebuild to suit, replace in unwrecked SS. That would be nice. Also if you had a place to keep it out of the weather you could keep the rest of it for parts. Like seat and other interior goodies. If they werent asking so much for it i would think about buying it myself.

Archived