Correct Hawk Brake Pad Numbers?

dantwomey

In a recent post SS_BNOON_SS listed the following HAWK HPS brake pad numbers for our 2003 SS's. He listed the front as HWK-HB323F-724 and the rear as HWK-HB-385F-640. I went to summitracing today and plugged in 2003 SS and got HWK-HB322F-717 for the front and HWK-HB324F-673 for the rear. Does anyone know why there is a difference in the listed numbers?

Regards,

Dan :cheers:

I put hawk pads on a couple years ago and used HB385F.640 on the rear and HB323F.724 up front. They have been fine. Not sure what the difference is. I looked at the compare parts on summitt and didn't really see anything different.

Of course if I were doing it again now I would just use the ones specifically mentioned when I put in my type of truck. I think most of us initially used those pads because they were the closest match to our trucks back when the "SS" didn't show up in the listings.

Hawk does not make a pad for 05-07 RWD SSSs with rear drums, I went through that whole dilemma myself a while back. :chevy:

What kind of annoyed me is that the Summit and Hawk's websites list the rear pads as HB324F-673. Here's a pic:

HB324.gif

And here is a pic of the HB385:

HB-385.gif

As you can see the dimensions are quite different. I'm glad I have my forum members or I might never get the correct part!

Regards,

Dan :wtf: