Procharged Texas Speed 408 Build Up Lots Of Pics

dozer

This is my Texas Speed 408 Project.

Its a fresh LQ9 Block with all Eagle Forged internals @ 9.6:1 Compression, -16cc diamond pistons, H-Beam Rods, Complete ARP Engine Stud/Bolt Kit, LS6 Ported Oil Pump, TSP 233/239 .595/.603,112LSA, TSP Chromoly Pushrods, PRC Dual Springs, Stainless Valves, LS2 TB, Torque Rush X-Link 2.0 (for LS2 TB Swap), L76 Intake, L92 Water Pump, 2 TB Spacer to clear LS2 TB from Water Pump, PRC L92 Stage 2.5 CNC Ported Heads, Magnafuel 625 Tuner Fuel Pump with all -8AN Feed/-6AN Return, Aeromotive Boost Referenced FPR, LS2 Fuel Rails, Siemens Deka 60# Injectors, Vortech Mondo BOV, Custom 3 Core Intercooler/Custom Piping, Pacecsetter Longtubes, True Dual 3" with Gutted Cats, QTP Cutouts, Magnaflow Tru-X Muffler, Dual Passenger Side Exits Before Rear Tire, Battery Relocate, Full Ground/Power Rewire to 1/0 AWG, Powermaster 200amp Alternator, Procharger P-1SC-1 (For Now), Intake Relocated to Stock Battery Location, FLT Level 5 w/ Billet Output, PI 3400 9.5" Converter, "Evil" Upgraded B&M Trans Cooler, "Evil" Wired/Relayed Dual E-Fan Set-up, B&M Console Mounted Ratchet Shifter, All Supporting Gauges, LC-1 WB with XD-16 Gauge, MFIC HPTuners tuning, 3Gal. Meth Tank, Custom Alcohol Injection System (still finishing up now), Boost Referenced Snow Performance Alcohol Pump Controller, and way too much more to list...

And BTW, for those of you doing L92 Head swaps, a TBSS 90MM TB fits perfectly on the L76 Intake with an L92 Water Pump witrh No Spacers. The reason I had to run the LS2 TB is, I had the 2.0 version of the X-Link which was specifically intended for the LS2 Car TB. The new version of the X-Link, the version 2.1 supports either the LS2 Car or TBSS/SSR 90MM TB.

I know the P-1SC-1 is too small, but a couple F-Body/Vette guys are maxing them out at 690hp/700tq on similar 408's. Ill work with this now, but by late summer/early fall I just may have a D-1 or F-1 but we will see where this goes and how the P-1SC-1 feels for now. And with the blower upgrade, im already assuming a 4L80E swap is most likely to come...

Dyno and Track times are to come, still in Break-in, so nothing over 4000rpm for now...

408install001.jpg

408install002.jpg

408install003.jpg

408install004.jpg

408install007.jpg

408install008.jpg

408install011.jpg

408install014.jpg

408install019-1.jpg

408005.jpg

408007.jpg

408008.jpg

408009.jpg

408011.jpg

408012.jpg

408015.jpg

408016.jpg

408018.jpg

408019.jpg

408021.jpg

Edited by dozer (see edit history)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish it was as easy as taking a bunch of pictures...This project was definitely an intense undertaking and Im happy to be involved with it! We had some fun and some serious headaches...But with as few shakedown issues as we've had, I think we did it right!

Now its time to beef the front suspension to handle the Torrrrrqquuueeeeee! Want my Center Diff? HAHA!

This truck basically pours "nasty" all over the ground just sitting there idling with the QTP cutouts open...I can't wait to see the traction issues we are going to have at the strip...we will be doing a lot of upgrades to the front end eventually...I'm glad I get to see it in action in person...no waiting for video for me! :)

I'm going to point out how I actually like the "slap" shifter on the center console instead of the column. How did you do that? I would like to see a write up on that. It looks like a B&M shifter to me.

Looks like a B@M megashifter I'm running one in my 72 chevelle...its a nice racheting shifter.

Looks like a B@M megashifter I'm running one in my 72 chevelle...its a nice racheting shifter.

.......Those B&M's are pretty nice....I ran the "Pro-Ratchet" in my Olds 442............After seeing the set-up in the SS, I think that would be a cool mod to do one of these weekends------------- :cheers: I still say GM should have given the SS a console mounted shifter to begin with.............................. :rolleyes: