No More Sss For Me

So, the trans started banging second gear hard. I don't care what it is/was any more. I softened the shift up as much as I could with the tune, stripped all of the aftermarket parts I could, and took it in for trade on Saturday.

I now own a MazdaSpeed 3 GT, Metropolitan Gray Mica, 6 sp manual, 263HP/280TQ, 155 MPH top speed (electronically limited)... and many, many mods to come. Call it... a transfer of addictions... :cheers:

I had originally been looking for the '07 MS3 back when the stock trans took a dump last December, so the only real choice was options and color. The only things I didn't get were Nav, moonroof (added weight and takes up headroom), the higher end mirror that learns your garage door opener, and that is it. Fit and finish on these cars are LIGHTYEARS ahead of anything else I've ever owned. One problem so far, the mids/lows keep cutting out on the stereo. Going to take it in tonight and get a loaner... Oh well, trade one problem for another I guess...

Later guys!

So, the trans started banging second gear hard. I don't care what it is/was any more. I softened the shift up as much as I could with the tune, stripped all of the aftermarket parts I could, and took it in for trade on Saturday.

I now own a MazdaSpeed 3 GT, Metropolitan Gray Mica, 6 sp manual, 263HP/280TQ, 155 MPH top speed (electronically limited)... and many, many mods to come. Call it... a transfer of addictions... :cheers:

I had originally been looking for the '07 MS3 back when the stock trans took a dump last December, so the only real choice was options and color. The only things I didn't get were Nav, moonroof (added weight and takes up headroom), the higher end mirror that learns your garage door opener, and that is it. Fit and finish on these cars are LIGHTYEARS ahead of anything else I've ever owned. One problem so far, the mids/lows keep cutting out on the stereo. Going to take it in tonight and get a loaner... Oh well, trade one problem for another I guess...

Later guys!

Enjoy the car. I owned an 07 Speed3 and loved it. Very quick little car. Actually sold it for the SSS. They are having issues with the turbo seals and there are some recalls on the car. Be careful of the mods, some slow the car down. COBB makes some good stuff. I loved mine, got pretty good mileage and was fun to drive.

Have fun with your new addiction! Here is a forum you can check out.

www.mazda3forums.com

WWOOWW!!!! 3 trannys in 6 months? what the heck was/is the deal? I know you dont care anymore but isnt that weird on a pretty much stock motor? and didnt you have a warrenty on that new tranz?

so L92? ? ? hmmm whats goin on with that???

WWOOWW!!!! 3 trannys in 6 months? what the heck was/is the deal? I know you dont care anymore but isnt that weird on a pretty much stock motor? and didnt you have a warrenty on that new tranz?

so L92? ? ? hmmm whats goin on with that???

A trans cooler line got split and spilled less than 1 qt of fluid (watch out for rubbing on those hard cooler lines guys!!!), then the trans started shifting hard into second. Not sure if they are related, but they happened within a week of each other. I believe I broke an accumulator or something simple like that. It wouldn't have happened if I had let them build it the way they normally do with the accumulators blocked off on the "boss" series trannies, but I wanted a softer 2nd gear shift. Warranty was still good, but it was a cheap part to replace anyway and I just didn't give a crap any more. I about beat the tar out of the truck with a 16 pound sledge hammer... Stock trans had no upgrades and lasted 40K without TQ management, the junkyard trans had a bad bearing race. This trans is the only real mystery, so it's not really that weird.

Rich is buying my tuner, Cory is buying the hard bed cover with actuators, headers, heads, 90mm TB, etc.

The Centerline Rapids will be for sale soon on Ebay with the new 295/45/20's.

WOW. U traded a GM vehicle in for a JAP car!!?? I'm sorry. U could have at least supported GM/America a bought a SS Cobalt.... :dunno:

Oh well. Good luck out there.

:uhoh:

i dont see the problem... look at this... lots of ppl like mazda's

post-9-02175-miatagay.jpg

I might not be far behind you either. I actually looked at a Speed 3 this past Saturday. Good luck with the car. :thumbsup:

Come on in! The Mazda water is great! :driving:

WOW. U traded a GM vehicle in for a JAP car!!?? I'm sorry. U could have at least supported GM/America a bought a SS Cobalt.... :dunno:

Oh well. Good luck out there.

:uhoh:

World leaders need to step up and create a world economy that's worth while. All of this inter country "my country's labor is worth more than yours" is BS. At least Mazda steps up to the plate and builds several of it's cars here in the US to support US workers and their families. :cheers: That being said, I just chose to support the American workers that work at the shipping dock instead of the automotive assembly workers.

...and... if there were an American car that drove worth a damn and could fit me and my wife comfortably, we would have bought it. We drove the HHR SS and the Cobalt SS... we barely, and I do mean BARELY fit into those cars, let alone they drive like total crap, and have super cheap interiors. We even have $2,000+ to spend in GM credit card earnings and still had to pass them up. The Dodge Caliber SRT was in the running, but it's got a LOT taller profile and feels like it's going to tip over in a corner compared to the Speed. The only other American car I would have considered would have been the G8, but I didn't want to spend all of my money on the car and not have any mod money for rims/power/etc.