2bfast's Build

2bfast

Alright guys, here we go. Time for Phase II of this project. I know its not near as crazy as a lot of the builds here, non the less its a build.

Phase I consisted of the basic bolt ons : longtubes, ORY, CAI, 160 thermo, TB bypass, and tune.

Phase II will consist of : TSP .228 .228 / .588 .588 112 LSA cam, 918 springs, moly rods, still deciding on either 2800 or 3000 stall, shift kit/servos, trans cooler, T/A rear end girdle, and re-tune. I should have everything but the stall and shift kit by the end of the week, as im still deciding on what direction I want to go in these two areas.

I ran it on the dyno last sunday and put down 317hp - 346lbs with a "safe" tune and full exhaust. Be interesting to see what this cam will do for me.

I will post pictures of the progress and updates as I go.

If you guys have ANY advice or tips towards this, chime in. My first question is where should I start? Should I start with the cam install, then drop the trans and do the trans mods after? Or vise versa?? I plan on startin in next week, so i'll keep ya'll updated as much as possible! :chevy::cheers:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe the only one that will say this... but....

Start with ur camera make sure the batteries are charged and ur card has plenty of room then start taking and posting pictures as you :jester:

Good luck on the build just go at your own pace and finish one thing before starting something completely different.

the trans is a good place to start and get out of the way. Next I would do the cam and valvetrain. If you need any tips pm me or give me a call.

:withstupid: the tranny/camswap expert. if i'm not doing mods on my truck the only person i trust to do it

:withstupid: the tranny/camswap expert. if i'm not doing mods on my truck the only person i trust to do it

:withstupid: thats all danny talked about this weekend. tranny this, cam that, "my daddy used to beat me with a whiffle ball bat" :crackup:

Alright guys, we finally got around to gettin the tranny out and gettin this whole deal started. All in all it went pretty smooth. Your usual hang ups here and there, but nothin out of the ordinary. As you can see we started in on recalibrating the valve body and installing the servos but called it quits for the day. Heres what I have so far :

DSC02143.jpg

DSC02140.jpg

DSC02142.jpg

DSC02144.jpg

DSC02151.jpg

(side note) Thanks Danny, your tips helped this process go much smoother. U The Man

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Got it all buttoned up and ready to put back in. Still waiting on the converter to come in, so we are at a stopping point on the transmission part untill tommarow. So we moved to the rear and installed the TA Girdle and got that out of the way. Here ya go :

Pump side of the valve body

DSC02148.jpg

Servo bore

DSC02156.jpg

Stock servos on the left, and billet servo on the right needing assembled.

DSC02155.jpg

New servos installed in bore

DSC02157.jpg

Continued....

Trans all back together and cleaned up ready to be installed when converter comes in.

DSC02158.jpg

Now to the rear.

DSC02162.jpg

ARP bearing cap studs installed on right side, stock bolts on left.

DSC02164.jpg

DSC02167.jpg

Rear end is pretty straight forward. I will get better pics when I get the build complete and truck cleaned up. We will get the trans back up in and then install the Tru Cool cooler last, i'll take pics of that when we get there.......