Radar detector scorecard/survey

misterp

What kind of radar detector have you purchased? How long have you had it? What would be your regular 'pace' in town (5-over, 10-over, etc)? How about on the highway or interstate? And how many times have you been pulled over since purchase?

(I'll go first) - I own a Bel Vector 985, have had it for 14 months now. I drive 5 to 10-over in the city, 10 to 20 over on the highway, and been pulled over twice, once K-band (no ticket), once laser.

Mr. P. :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cobra ESD-9110 I have not had any ticket so far knock on wood. Saved me at least 10 time for sure 4 time on my way to Wichita and back. Usually drive 5-10 over in town and 10 to 20 on highway. It does have its false alarm but if it goes off you just slow down alittle no big deal. Paid $45.00 on Ebay(it was new too).

No radar detector. Last ticket I received was in 1974, but I have issued many, many, many tickets to people that have the big bucks radar detectors! :D

Thats not cool man, How could you bust people for the same thing you do? :rolleyes: How many tickets has your badge gotten you out of? If I were a cop I would probaly do the the same thing but only to Dodge and Ford owners. :jester::lol:

valentine 1. worked great on the trip to KS and to MI. usually lets you know a few miles in advance if there is a cop. you just have to pay attention to the signals. depending on what band they are going off on you can tell if it is a cop or not and the signal strength will tell you how far away they are.

No radar detector. Last ticket I received was in 1974, but I have issued many, many, many tickets to people that have the big bucks radar detectors! :D

Thats not cool man, How could you bust people for the same thing you do? :rolleyes: How many tickets has your badge gotten you out of? If I were a cop I would probaly do the the same thing but only to Dodge and Ford owners. :jester::lol:

Well I gotta admit I was stopped just as I was entering Spokane, WA on my way to Whitefish, MT a few weeks back. The speed limit had dropped from 70 to 60 and I didn't brake, just let off gas and was coasting down. A state trooper was working the speed reduction and got me. He came up and got the usual, drivers lic, vehicle reg, ins and went back to his car. He then returned and told me he was giving me a verbal warning and immediately started talking about all the articles he had read about the SS in different mags, and complimented me on the SS. Just before he went back to his patrol car I gave him my business card and thanked him. If my memory serves me correctly, it was Trooper White, real nice guy. :cheers:

Oh, and by the way, on the rare occasion I do get stopped, I never tell them I am a police officer, but that’s just me. :D

At the risk of putting words in someone else's mouth - I did not think RaySS was being rude, I thought he was saying that in his professional experience he has seen many folks buy detectors and not know how to drive with them.

Mr. P. :)

I bet you wont get me for speedin. Maybe one of those BS general speedn tickets. I have been pulld over many times and told that I was lucky his radar didnt pick it up.

I usually hide mine before he gets to the car. I was told to do that from a friend, cop, of mine. Ive got the one that has a detector and jammer combined(RMR_DL S310). It has had more false alarms then most peoples but its worth it.

I am a menace to the Indiana State Police. To be honest, I don't know exactly how many speeding tickets (total) I have gotten but I know since I have had the SS it has been atleast 2. All of my tickets are expensive, I think the slowest I was going was 19 over. I've already taken defensive driving and since I just got another ticket for racing but got off for just speeding, I will again have to take defensive driving. Maybe I should get one, or just drive something slower. Whadda think?

i dont really worry about them i got a good lawyer. cost me $260 bucks to get out of a ticket. i get a discount. improper equipment. :thumbs:

when i was 16 to 21 years old i had a total of 19 tickets. 19 tickets only got me 1 piont on my insurance. not to bad. like i said good lawyer and his wife is the DA.

I have been driving my SS for almost a year and a half. No radar detector and no tickets. I deserved many tickets and have had several close calls but for some reason the cop didn't bite. I think part of the reason is I don't drive erratically like the kids do, just a bit fast. I find it easy to be driving 15 mph over on the streets and 20-30 over on the freeway. I am starting to get things a bit more under control, though. I know somewhere out there is a radar wave with my name on it :D

Archived