BedRug Installation

In case any of you wonder how it goes in. Looks pretty simple, especially when you watch a pro do it :D

BedRug, upside down

bedrug1.JPG

Just plop it in.

bedrug2.JPG

Two strips of sticky backed velcro goes on the bed to hold the floor piece in place

bedrug3.JPG

Red backing is removed from more sticky backed velcro and pressed on the the sides of the bed to hold the sides in place.

bedrug4.JPG

The tail gate cap came off with a good pull and a plain black one was installed (to accomodate the shell). Then the tailgate portion of the BedRug is attaced with more sticky backed velcro, just like the sides.

bedrug5.JPG

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very :cool: Dave. I certainly don't think you will have any problems sleeping on that especailly when you completely protected from outside weather! I noticed you removed the lip from the tailgate. Did you have have any trouble getting yours to come off? Also, let me just sumarize what I think I have read: Under it, it is painted although there are a few screw holes? Thanks!

Justin :chevy:

dcairns:

Is that waterproof coating on the underside of the Bedrug? If so what does the literature say about moisture getting thru to the bed? I'm thinking about Linex or Bedrug and if moisture isn't a problem with the Bedrug thats definitely a Plus! :thumbs:

Any drilling or screws at all in the installation?

Justin-

I had to remove the tailgate protecter and replace it with a regular one in black for the shell. The tailgate protector came off with just some pulling away. The sticky stuff left behind was scraped with a plasitc knife and then residue was removed with a solvent. It is painted underneath and there are bolt holes.

rmcswain-

The bottom of the BedRug is a closed cell foam, the top is a carpet like stuff. Because it is molded to the shape of the bed, it makes a flat surface that is comfortable to crawl around on. If you left it open (no shell or lid) that water would collect in the bed and leak throught the zipper (there is a zipper that lets you seperate the bed piece from the side piece). I asked the installer and he had never heard of a problem with rust. The BedRug does not move around, so it won't abrade the paint. As long as the paint is intact, then there should be no rust.

• 3 weeks later...
I've had mine installed for about 2 years now and no sign of rust, also I washed mine out with a hose a few times already and just let it dry in the sun.

454SS:

Do you have a shell or lid over your bedrug or is it uncovered? If I put a bedrug in it will most likely be uncovered. Do you forsee any problems with a bedrug that is uncovered? Thanks for any info :D:cheers::thumbs:

My truck will be uncoverd too! I was thinking about the bedrug but i don;t like the idea of it always being wet since the winter is so long where i am. What I have decided to do is go with the GM drop in bed mat. Its just a thick rubber and it it requires no drilling since it just drops in. You might want to look into that if your truck bed will be open. But whatever you do, do not go with a plastic drop in liner i have only heard horror stories from that.

bob

Keep in mind that the bottom of the BedRug zips out. So you could remove it for the winter, if you don't think you will need the padding on the bottom during the winter.

Please don't say a cap :nono:

You mean one of these? :D Sorry, but it suits my needs. It does look a bit bulky, but I like it.

shelledSS.JPG

:lol: that's funny, it looks good. they are a little more practical than a toneau cover. I just think the toneau looks a little more sporty, but that could be the kid in me :thumbs:

Archived