Synthetic Oil Before 25K

rmcswain

Amsoil is great oil I use it in my boat, snowmobile, lawnmower,pressure washer, generator, air compressor, and my SS. After putting in my truck my gas mileage went up about 1.5 to 2 MPG. :thumbs:

If your a preferred customer its even alittle cheaper than Mobil 1.

And your correct again Ben it does beat Mobil 1 in all areas.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well....

The Corvette uses the almost the same engine design as the SS, its just that the SS has a longer stroke and an iron block.

The vette uses Mobil One strait from the factory, and 99% of them don't use oil. Some do, but most don't.

My personal thought would be to do two cycles with regular oil. (IE, first change use regular, then switch on the 2nd)

This should put you around 5-7k miles. More than enough time for things to break in!

You might also want to consider changing out the tranny, AWD diff, and rear diff fluids as well to remove the inital break-in shavings. :cheers:

My 01 vette burned a quart of oil every 1000miles. I knew it was time for an oil change as the low oil light came on every 3000 miles.

Used AmsOil in my 99 Ford Expedition at about 33K miles, engine, transfer case, both axles, and tranny refil. Was living in Albuquerque at the time, drove to Texas and back at 85mph, and saw a 1+ mpg increase in fuel mileage. Great stuff, the best, but man was it expensive. Then again, the Expedition did hold more fluid than an old Ford tractor...

Archived