All SS emblems stolen in Las Vegas

LVSS

Unfortunately not what I wanted my 2nd post to be, but my truck was broken into last night. I had a cam installed at a shop, and my turbo died while street tuning. I replaced it and noticed it had oil leaking from the front cover. Towed it back to the shop and got a call this morning from my tuner. I’ll just let the pics explain the rest. I had the Ravelco anti theft device so they weren’t able to steal it. I had a wideband and a couple other expensive items in the car, but they only took the stuff with the emblems. This happened in Las Vegas between the shop closing and opening on 3/10. 

How hard is it to get this stuff? I honestly just want to debadge the doors at this point and change the bumper, but I’d still like to have everything. The cylinder is toast and I can’t even get it to turn with a screwdriver. If anyone happens to see stuff for sale let me know. I have no desire to go after whoever did it because it’s pointless. A police report has been filed. Any help is appreciated. 

C993AFD0-D3CF-4CF4-A080-E6C30DB716C1.jpeg

0EAD3F4C-C68B-45EE-82AF-C796319F9D58.jpeg

F926EF41-CF53-45E3-B1ED-73DC5A5917D3.jpeg

473C50AB-CC72-41E6-ADD3-5F04F0803A0C.jpeg

397C3528-5E62-41EA-81BF-DA0459CDA46D.jpeg

7FC07D0A-EEA5-490B-87E2-67CAF7B70F6C.jpeg

9B7A33FC-C8C9-49BC-A347-12571B738DA1.jpeg

Edited by LVSS
Wife in pic 🙃 (see edit history)
  • Sad 1

I can feel for you on that.  It is disheartening.  I had something similar happen to me 9 years ago while we were in the grocery store.  They did not as much damage and seemed to be after stealing the whole truck.  Screw driver on the exterior lock, those locks are a plastic joke, and screwdriver on the ignition too.  It looked like they were interrupted before they could get the ignition to turn, otherwise it would have been gone.

I think most of the badges are available as reproductions, so you should be ok for parts. I am surprised they left the stereo.

image.jpeg.6e52273a8d1d39f7330e93cf7c89ad81.jpeg

image.jpeg.5a3e0c56b9c5e926b18eb1f01043c87d.jpeg

Edited by dcairns (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, dcairns said:

I can feel for you on that.  It is disheartening.  I had something similar happen to me 9 years ago while we were in the grocery store.  They did not as much damage and seemed to be after stealing the whole truck.  Screw driver on the exterior lock, those locks are a plastic joke, and screwdriver on the ignition too.  It looked like they were interrupted before they could get the ignition to turn, otherwise it would have been gone.

I think most of the badges are available as reproductions, so you should be ok for parts. I am surprised they left the stereo.

image.jpeg.6e52273a8d1d39f7330e93cf7c89ad81.jpeg

image.jpeg.5a3e0c56b9c5e926b18eb1f01043c87d.jpeg

Yeah, it’s really weird. I had a lot of parts sitting in the truck. I think they couldn’t steal it, so they grabbed what they could and bolted. There was an LS9 cam, an extra meth reservoir, wideband, meth controller and a few other things left untouched. 

Just now, TxSilverado361 said:

Is that a Ravelco anti-theft? I bet that's what kept them from stealing the whole truck. Some illegals stole my dad's truck from my high school parking lot 10 years ago. Hopped in through the passenger side and in minutes were gone.

It is. One of two reasons it’s still there. The other reason is they didn’t have a flatbed with them. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dcairns said:

By the way, that is a cool stealth mounting location for the boost gauge. I have mine on the  pillar, where it is rather noticable.

Thanks. I was trying to keep this thing incognito as possible. I actually picked up another one that sits in the center. Both on Etsy.

Edited by LVSS (see edit history)