Insurance Recomendations?

Does anyone have recommendations for insurance companies for 2003 Silverado SS?  I am having a hard time finding a new carrier that will will cover its value.   I have all labor and hardware receipts for the mods from 2018/2019.  They total close to $25k.  So I figure it needs to be insured for $45,000k.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Original owner here, and I have had AAA insurance, and they have been good on some minor accidents.  Beyond that, you might look at Hagerty or Grundy. I use Hagerty on my 64 Impala. They let you insure for a stated value. No claims with them, so I dunno how good they are in that regard.

Thank you for your reply. I checked with Hagerty.  They would not underwrite it.  I was told it was not on their list of approved vehicles.  Grundy will underwrite it but will only do so for approximately 2/3 of market value plus receipts.  Which is in my case $30k.

I guess Grundy/Hagerty are geared more to much older cars.  Although it is hard to believe my 03 SS is 20 years old now... 

Another idea, if you have to go with a regular insurance company.  Go to a few body shops and ask which insurance companies they would recommend.  Some companies cheap out on things, and the shop would know about all that.

That sucks Hagerty won't cover you.  I was going to suggest them as the old man had a really good claims experience with them not long ago.

It may not necessarily be the age of the truck, but the claim rates on them.  These trucks get stolen all the time. :(

Richard

Hagerty tends to value their cars higher but that's because it is a classic car insurance so the vehicles they insure tend to be classic muscle cars that are worth more than our trucks. 

Edited by Silverado_George (see edit history)