Muffler

bigbl62

I recently added a Radix to my truck, shift kit,headers,pcm4less. When I first got the truck I installed a flowmaster muffler. My mechanic is saying now that I did all of the upgrades I should look into a straight flowing design muffler instead of the Flowmaster. He recommend the magnaflow. I love the sound of the truck now. I wouldn't mind if it was a louder. Should I swap out the muffler? What would be the difference? Hp,sound,etc?

What are some good mufflers out there that would sound good and add some horespower?

changing over to another single muffler isn't going to be much of a gain. the flowmaster in question is a pretty good flowing unit and replacing it isn't going to be much more than a few hp gain unless you go with a properly done dual setup with x-pipe, etc. i'd leave your truck just as it is for that.

changing over to another single muffler isn't going to be much of a gain. the flowmaster in question is a pretty good flowing unit and replacing it isn't going to be much more than a few hp gain unless you go with a properly done dual setup with x-pipe, etc. i'd leave your truck just as it is for that.

:withstupid:

if your after power, you need to go after the entire exhaust, headers, cats, x-pipe, mufflers.

If you going to be looking to do an x pipe and the flow through magnaflow. I have the magnaflow 14468* it's their flow through design with the x pipe designed in the center I think it's a really good muffler I could feel that there was more power there and I had done a back pressure before and after it was right at 2psi stock and after it was right at 1psi which is pretty good cutting the pressure in half but I am still running it out through the stock Y pipe and 3.5" tail pipe. You might lose a little more back pressure running dual 2.5 out. I plan on trying this and doing another backpressure test!

I have the ASM headers, should I put a muffler, cats and x pipe. I am going to install the headers this week. If i get the magnafloe 14468 what else do I need?

I was told the Cats dont make a big difference?

can I use magnflows 2.5 X pipe?

How much louder will this set up be?

I personally think that a flowmaster style muffler in a supercharged application is a restriction.

I'm personally going with magnaflow's 12594 muffler. Its dual 3" in, and a single 4" out. I may then use the stock tailpipe to keep the sleeper look.

Archived