HPT version 1.6 released!!!

Jonmalibuss

oh great just when i am about to purchase efi live, i am sure this will start some conflict. But what are the pros and cons of HPT 1.6 vs efilive?I really want to get one soon so i dont have to kep sending the pcm back a forth with pcm for kess . I also have a few buddies that said they would pay me to program their trucks so i think it will pay for it self over time. On another note ahas anyone received there efilive , i was told they wont be ready for around 3 weeks and i want to get my order in before the end of this month , so i can get the 4 license deal. but any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Chase

Well check out HPT website Hptuners.com for their pricing I havn't looked to far into efilive and they may offer this as well but hpt allows you the ability ot monitor a wideband while logging info and their latest version 1.6 allows you to run a 2 or 3 bar map sensor for correctly tuning boost! Thats the biggest advantage plus they added many many more options to make tuning just that much better!

It's all on their site you compare and make the decision!

Well check out HPT website Hptuners.com for their pricing I havn't looked to far into efilive and they may offer this as well but hpt allows you the ability ot monitor a wideband while logging info and their latest version 1.6 allows you to run a 2 or 3 bar map sensor for correctly tuning boost! Thats the biggest advantage plus they added many many more options to make tuning just that much better!

Almost, but not quite. V1.6 allows you to purchase an upgrade ($299) that will allow 2bar and eventually 3bar map. But note that our operating system (at least 03 SSS with 1024 bin file size) are excluded from this... They only have the 99+ 512 bins working with the 2 bar system...

The $299 surprise is what gets me. They never mentioned this little feature before.

Looks like the OS problem + the $299 = megasquirt for me.

Almost, but not quite. V1.6 allows you to purchase an upgrade ($299) that will allow 2bar and eventually 3bar map. But note that our operating system (at least 03 SSS with 1024 bin file size) are excluded from this... They only have the 99+ 512 bins working with the 2 bar system...

The $299 surprise is what gets me. They never mentioned this little feature before.

Looks like the OS problem + the $299 = megasquirt for me.

Your right but it mentions that it will support the 1024 bin file with their next release which will be 2.0 and I belive they expect to release that the beginning of Feb.

Archived