A new noise

2003SilvSS

I don't know why, but noises inside the cab of my SSS really bug the heck out of me. I've noticed this one before but never really messed with it or looked at it. When I pull into a parking lot or a drive way that has an incline to it, I notice a noise which sounds like it's the passenger 3rd door or around the back glass on that side. Anyone hear this noise? If so, did you fix it? And if you did fix it, what did it end up being? It almost sounds like the truck flexes a little bit and there is a slight squeaking noise.

Brian

I'm having the same problem.... truck is brand new... Sound of air coming from passenger rear door.

But because I can't use any warranty things overhere, have to fix it myself... Even Cadillac / GM Belgium is not interested in supporting me... :(

That's the disadvantage of parallel import...

P.

I don't know why, but noises inside the cab of my SSS really bug the heck out of me.  I've noticed this one before but never really messed with it or looked at it.  When I pull into a parking lot or a drive way that has an incline to it, I notice a noise which sounds like it's the passenger 3rd door or around the back glass on that side.  Anyone hear this noise?  If so, did you fix it?  And if you did fix it, what did it end up being?  It almost sounds like the truck flexes a little bit and there is a slight squeaking noise. 

Brian

Yes, I'm hearing this noise in my truck too! I haven't pinpointed it yet but it sounds exactly like you are describing it, in the same area. I usually don't hear it because my stereo is always on, but now that I'm reminded of it I'l have to track it down... will keep you posted.

I might have got the the cab noise fixed. The noise that comes from what seems to be a little bit of flexing as you pull into a parking lot or go over an incline. I took some silicone grease and put a thin layer on the door jam at the bottom and on the top of the 3rd door. There are two thin pieces of rubber that sit against the cab/3rd door when closed. I also put a few 1" wraps of black duct tap around the bottom bar as well as the top bar that the hinges go over. Does this make sense to anyone? I drove about 30 miles back home after I did it and drove through several drives with dips in them and no noise. I'll post again on the same post in a few days if I know for sure if it fixed the noise.

I have the same noise, but mine is a reg cab :dunno: Mine has been doing it since a week ago when I got it back from the dealer after they replaced the heater control panel in my truck after it stopped working. I called my service guy and he is going to look into it for me on monday or tuesday.

Archived