What you can expect in the 1/4 mile

goldnrod24

I ran my C3 (yo' Ss's daddy) at the track Saturday. No tire spin, all traction and consistant 15.70's all day long. Although tow/haul firms up the shifts on the street, it slows the truck at the track.

My best were: 15.612 best ET, 86.68 best mph. The truck has 4400 miles and it should improve with age. I took runner-up in the bracket eliminations against 60 entrants, mostly Vettes, T/As, Camaros, Turbo Buicks, etc. I redlighted in the final race. Oh well, it's a great bracket racer!!!!!!

BTW, I towed a #3K pop-up to and from the track and got almost 16 mpg to boot!

Hope this gives you something to look forward to.

Randy

'01 GMC C3

Polo/Tan

Wow, that is interesting. If I take the Denali weight of 5478 + 200 for the driver, that equals 5678 lbs with 345 HP. Plug that into this 1/4 mile calculator

http://www.rx7turboturbo.com/robrobinette/et.htm

I get 15.62 ET. Rather suprising how close it is to reality.

If you add a Whipple you get 470 HP and a 14.09 ET

The SS is a bit lighter at 5298 + 200 for the driver =5498 lbs

15.45 stock

13.94 Whippled

Sounds like fun.

It's also interesting how much a couple of hundred pounds can change things. I better go on a diet too :D

The day before race day, I had a true dual exhaust installed. That involved replacing the factory "can" with a pair of turbo mufflers tipped up on their sides like this: {}{}. It is finished off with dual pipes exiting behind the rear wheels in the stock location and oval stainless steel tips.

It has a very low mellow tone.

I've seen a slight improvement in mileage, it loves to rev now and I'm sure as the computer adjusts, I'll see more of a performance improvement.

Other than the exhaust, it's box stock!

Randy

Great job, Randy and as you learned you don't need to be fast to win a bracket race. In fact the faster you go usually the less consistent you are, but that theory has been proven wrong by the guys that really know their cars and practice alot. What track did you race at; there may be an altitude adjustment involved with your times. :D

I get 15.62 ET.  Rather suprising how close it is to reality.  

I have some real beef with this site, there are many variables that make an ET, wheel horse power, at what RPM and Torque, again at what RPM, Plus GEARING. there's alot to go into the track. Cuz some of My L buddies have HUGE amounts of Torque, with decent power and blow that calculator away. I think some of the 454SS boys would agree....

-Joe

Archived