Volant Intake

04CHASE

To reset the computer unplug the negative battery cable for i think its 1/2 an hour but correct me if im wrong

The way according to general OBDII books is to Disconnect both Negative and Positive Battery cables then while they are NOT attached to the battery hold them together. But due to the possibility of someone misunderstanding and screwing it up I would recommend just disconnect for a while. MARK your presets! :)

I put in a volant today and disconnected the negative wire for at least half hour to 45 min. When connected back i lost none of my presets or anything, just the time reset. Also tried disconnecting both cables for a little the hooking them back up and the saem thing happened. If i disconnect both and touch them together when not hooked up is there a possibility of blowing a fuse. Why wouldn't my presets and every reset but the time would?

To reset the computer unplug the negative battery cable for i think its 1/2 an hour but correct me if im wrong

The way according to general OBDII books is to Disconnect both Negative and Positive Battery cables then while they are NOT attached to the battery hold them together. But due to the possibility of someone misunderstanding and screwing it up I would recommend just disconnect for a while. MARK your presets! :)

I put in a volant today and disconnected the negative wire for at least half hour to 45 min. When connected back i lost none of my presets or anything, just the time reset. Also tried disconnecting both cables for a little the hooking them back up and the saem thing happened. If i disconnect both and touch them together when not hooked up is there a possibility of blowing a fuse. Why wouldn't my presets and every reset but the time would?

I though your presets where stored in the BCM?

Why not disconnect the negative and pull the BCM and PCM fuse for 5 minutes.

Thats what I always have done.

Archived