What do I need to do for changing exhaust

Is there a set-up I can use so i can take off my stock exhaust and just bolt up something new. I was thinking bout going flows with dumps after reading a few things on them. What would I need to get so i can basically have two seperate exhaust systems that will bolt up when ever needed changing without having to go to a shop every time and paying those rip offs. Is this possible or am i way off on this. When i bought my stang it had a full exhaust system and came with the stock one and all i had to do was get it in the air and un bolt it and bolt whichever one on that was needed, so this why i asked. What mufflers does everyone seem to like, I have always used flows but would possibly like to try something different.

Thanx people

Corsa makes a system that should bolt right up.  Corsa

I am thinking about getting it myself.

I was looking for something a little cheaper till I can afford that one. I just bought another dirt bike so i dont have $700 for that system. I've been readin stuff about an X-pipe and maybe 40 series flows which i was thinkin maybe I can have that welded together(x-pipe and flows) and that way be able to just bolt up and go, but i am going to try to go to my speed shop tomorrow and see other options

I've had problems with exhaust in the past where I would get a new system welded up and after a little while pieces would start to rust or crack and I would have to replace the whole system again. I basically just want a back-up system(stock) which I can keep and bolt it up myself instead of having to keep going to shops and have it done. And possibly for emissions here in pa, cause they can be a real pain. I was just seeing if it was possible.

Is it loud? I am looking for somehing that will make knecks snap cause of the sound.

Id go gutted cats with a pipe through em then bolt on a super 40 muffler and youll be all set.. as long as you dont need to get inspected for a year or two :jester:

there was another thread about dumping the exhaust but apparently its ok on a truck because theres no closure in the rear. Only cars and SUV's cant have them apparently because of the fumes wont exit correctly. I think what i am going to do is find an SS exhaust system for cheap and gut the cats and do the flowmaster with the dumps. That way I know majority of it should line up. I think i'm goin to wait on this a little bit tho.

WOW! Rusting and cracking exhaust? :eek:

What kind of crap systems were you buying? I've never had an exhaust actually crack, rust, or break... the SS did develop a small leak about 10K miles after I put the exhaust on, but that was a free repair at the place that did mine.

2 things you need to do:

- buy a quality system that won't crack, rust, or break apart

- go to a shop that will stand behind thier work. any quality muffler shop will repair minor leaks for free if they're reputable.

Yeah talk about bad luck, I've had a full flowmaster system on my stang, sounded great and everything, then after a year or so it started breaking near the mufflers so when i went to get it fixed the way it cracked they said i needed pretty much a whole system again because it began to rust and they couldn;t weld it back together properly. Apparently this was because of the way i drove, and where i drove so that didn;t really make sense to me. After that happened I put a full MAC system on and it started to do it a little bit again so i just sold the car. Happened to my camaro z28 also but sold it before it got worse. I am tryin to have a way where if this happens for some unknown reason I can just switch back to stock exhaust and not have to shell out a lot of money for another complete one. BLAH BLAH BLAH, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived