03-05 GM Hard Tonneau Cover

TEXASDVLDOG

Hey Guys (and gals), I just bought me an 05 SS Silver Burch Silverado! :cool: The dealer gave me the option of either installing the hard tonneau cover or taking it home in the box.

So up for sale is the Hard tonneau cover. Here is the item description straight from GMBuyPower website:

Regular production accessory, Tonneau cover, Black, hard, folding, lockable., The cover is dealer installed and shipped separately from vehicle to parts department with VIN identification on packaging. (SPO-supplied, dealer installed) (EN6) $680.00

I'm sure it fits any style Extended Cab Silverado. Make me a reasonable offer I can't refuse but please don't insult me!

FIRST 350.00 plus shipping takes it!! :thumbs:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any idea where I could find some pics of one of these installed?  does it fit flush with top of bed?  Is it as heavy as a regular fiberglass cover?

I did see one on a truck already installed at the dealership. It does sit flush with the top of the bed. and NO it's not even close to the weight of a regular fiberglass lid! My wife carried it into the garage for me! :thumbs:

Anyone out there have a pic of one installed??

I don't think the fold-a-cover product is the same one GM sells, but I may be wrong.

Also, this cover appears to sit on top of the bed sides, so its not a flush mount. I wish we had an optional cover similar to the Escalade EXT / Avalanche. Sectional, locking, flush, light weight.

Here is a pic of the cover from GMs accessory site. No pther pics were available

folding_hard_tonneau_cover_3x.jpg

My older brother has the GM factory optioned hard tonneau like you are selling ... it is pretty nice and very durable ... He has a black lab so he leaves it folded up most of the time so the dog can run but it is a snap to put back down and very strong ... I will see if I can get him to take some pics of it ... it's on a 2005 Quad Cab 1500 though.

congrats and welcome, now I don't feel soo alone in having the only silver ss... thankx.... That hard cover is really sweet there's one installed at the dealer near my house in tempe.... I'll see if I can get some pic's for you all...it's red though..

congrats and welcome, now I don't feel soo alone in having the only silver ss... thankx.... That  hard cover is really sweet there's one installed at the dealer near my house in tempe.... I'll see if I can get some pic's for you all...it's red though..

Hey thanks I appreciate it! I see you are in the Marines? I'm stationed up here in Sacramento, CA Texas:devil:Dog

I don't think the fold-a-cover product is the same one GM sells, but I may be wrong.

Also, this cover appears to sit on top of the bed sides, so its not a flush mount.  I wish we had an optional cover similar to the Escalade EXT / Avalanche.  Sectional, locking, flush, light weight.

Here is a pic of the cover from GMs accessory site.  No pther pics were available

folding_hard_tonneau_cover_3x.jpg

BIgTex,

Isn't that a picture of the SOFT TONNEAU COVER! Not the hard tonneau cover :thumbs:

SEMPER FI! :flag: I'm out now, but still in the reserves in phoenix,az.... It's the only way to go lol.... still serve your country and have a real life too... let me know when you get some pic's... don't forget to post it to the garage... I would like to see what they did on yours...

SEMPER FI! :flag:  I'm out now, but still in the reserves in phoenix,az.... It's the only way to go lol.... still serve your country and have a real life too... let me know when you get some pic's... don't forget to post it to the garage... I would like to see what they did on yours...

OUTSTANDING! I have pics of my rig but I can't seem to post them for some reason! :banghead:

BIgTex,

Isn't that a picture of the SOFT TONNEAU COVER! Not the hard tonneau cover :thumbs:

No, its the hard cover. If it is the soft cover, its GMs mistake. The name of the picture I posted is folding_hard_tonneau_cover_3x.jpg. It came directly off their accessory site under the 2005 silverado options.

http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accessories/im...au_cover_3x.jpg

Archived