shift delay

installed billet servos and 3000 stall, havent got retuned yet, it feels like the motor cuts out for a split second and then shifts. is it hitting the rev limiter because of the stall or is it something else. gotta call bryan and get retuned this week.

installed billet servos and 3000 stall, havent got retuned yet, it feels like the motor cuts out for a split second and then shifts. is it hitting the rev limiter because of the stall or is it something else. gotta call bryan and get retuned this week.

I have a Bryan's tune and have noticed mine does that sometimes(no tranny mods). I can't get it to do it consistently but it is as if I hit the rev limit, then it shifts.

Where are you shifting at (rpm)? Mine used to do it if I was at a slow roll, then punched it. Never from a dead stop. I set my rev limit 300rpm over the shift point and haven't had the problem since. (when my truck was running, that is :banghead: )

Where are you shifting at (rpm)?  Mine used to do it if I was at a slow roll, then punched it.  Never from a dead stop.  I set my rev limit 300rpm over the shift point and haven't had the problem since.  (when my truck was running, that is :banghead: )

The slow roll may be the variable on mine, I've noticed that it is only on occasion. But it is very noticable when it happens. I guess I need to get with Bryan for an update.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, i got my pcm retuned from bryan and the shift delay is still there. i have a small delay from 1-2 , but at least a 1/2 second from 2-3 ,my tranny mods are tci street fighter stall, billet servos, boost valve.i did forget to tell bryan about the boost valve install. i also have a noise around 1500rpms at cruising speed, with foot barely on pedal. dont know if related.

no shift kit. i'm considering taking out the t.c. if that is whats causing this problem, or will adding a shift kit fix this? thanks

it's a tough call, but if you're running a stall i'd try a shift kit first.

I went with a TCI 2600 stall, billet 3-4 servo, corvette 1-2 and 2-3 servo, and the Transgo HD2 kit...I LOVE IT!!! It is the best mod I have done to my truck. Everything shifts great and I picked up a full second in the 1/4 mile. :thumbs: I would highly recommend the Transgo HD2 kit.

I have a stock VHO. I encountered the exact problem when I got it tuned. After some "street tuning" we were able to eliminate the 2-3 shift problem by bringing the 2-3 shift rpm down from around 6100 to 5900 where it is now. The 1-2 shift is currently shifting at 6000 rpm and has that annoying pause to it. We messed around with it for awhile and improved it somewhat, but could not eliminate it. (Yes, I have a good tuner) I plan to install a stall, s/k, acumulators, servos and longer servo shaft soon. There has been some discussion on LS1tech.com about the longer servo shaft. Some of the guys are seeing there pause go away with the longer shaft. You may want to try that. Good luck.

Archived