LS1 Edit

fordsareslow

Today I talked to a new shop that just opened in my area about doing a LS1 edit to my truck after the motor gets fixed or replaced. They told me that it would cost $600 for them to do it. The costs include the license, custom tune, and my truck being dyno run. Is this a good price? :dunno:

$600 sounds a little high. Lisence shouldn't be an issue. Shops that tune with edit have unlimited versions that can tune as many vehicles as they like. Most shops charge around $250-350 for an edit tune. Dyno time can be by the hour or per pull. They might be trying to charge you to update their edit software if they don't have a version that supports the newer truck PCMs.

you already killed a motor??

I know, but if I get a new one, it will probably be a 6.0. People have tunes and turbos and superchargers on them and they hold up fine. My 5.3 was stock down to the air filter and exhaust, and it didn't hold up to well.

you already killed a motor??

I know, but if I get a new one, it will probably be a 6.0. People have tunes and turbos and superchargers on them and they hold up fine. My 5.3 was stock down to the air filter and exhaust, and it didn't hold up to well.

The motors are still the same design........ the 5.3 should hold up just as good as a 6.0.

:chevy: George

Archived