New times

d_a_n_payne

Well.....I got to the track and my check engine light came on but I thought it was just the knock sensor that has been coming on and off. I was having the worst time lauching with this 3k stall. I cant figure out the best way :banghead: So I just revd it up to 1500 and hit a 14.35 at 93.63 which I was kinda proud of because I had been doing 14.6s for the last five runs. The shifts had a slight delay in them, so I am pretty sure im about to order that shift kit, zippy.

I hate to say this but I did get beat by a RCSB hemi but he took off all the weight he could. he ran a 14.12 Since that kinda put me down I thought it was about time to go but I had to go one more time. And Im glad I did. I lined up against an auto firehawk and I thought he was gonna be ahead pretty good because I had been gettin smoked by camaros and transams all day. We took off and he red lighted and I never left his bumper the whole way down the track. He never spun once. He did a 14.245 and I did a 14.39

I left the track a little satisified until I got to Advane auto and they pulled up five codes, i forgot to write them down. He said all my o2 sensors might be bad and I still have that stupid knock sensor. Well I left there and on the way home I got a DAMN flat tire but Onstar helped alot!

Sorry for the length but I had to get it all out.

I think a 14.3 for a full size truck is bloody damned impressive myself?

I would be happy with those times?

I don't understand some people who hit the track, and toss every last thing out of their cars, the passenger seat, bumper, everything.

Sure, they get the best time possible, but it doesn't represent what their vehicle really does when they are driving on the street.

That's a good time you pulled!

What are your mods? I think that time is great. :thumbs: I recently ran a 14.54 @ 91.25 mph with a little bit of tire spin on the launch (was out of the groove for a timing test at the track I work at). I just added a 2600 stall and I launch the car at approx. 2300 rpm. My best 60' to date is 2.00. I think you need to stand on the brake and get the rpm's up to at least 2000...more like 2500 if possible to make your stall worth while. Good luck and if you have any other racing ?'s, feel free to ask. The info in my sig about me being a WEEKLY racer is every bit true!

:cheers:

I don't understand some people who hit the track, and toss every last thing out of their cars, the passenger seat, bumper, everything.

Sure, they get the best time possible, but it doesn't represent what their vehicle really does when they are driving on the street.

:withstupid:

With all that back on his truck he ran a 14.4, so I woulda beat him.

I do think I had a pretty good time but I was just overconfident about it. But a lot of guys up there said that I should be even quicker once I fix the codes that my truck is throwing.

My mods:

CAI

PCM4LESS

Efans

Cam

3k stall

Servos

Short tube headers

Dual flowmaster 40s

:withstupid:

I do think I had a pretty good time but I was just overconfident about it. But a lot of guys up there said that I should be even quicker once I fix the codes that my truck is throwing.

My mods:

CAI

PCM4LESS

Efans

Cam

3k stall

Servos

Short tube headers

Dual flowmaster 40s

you should be happy, im running 14.4 with basically your same setup, but TOG headers and no Efans, got this shift kit too.

Getting Efans soon, so then i'll go to the track and see what i can get.

Ever had your intake off? Did you check to see if the knock sensor cable was connected good? It is located on the driver's side, clipped to the back of the intake. I used to get a knock sensor code. It came from me pinching the wire under the intake, or Radix as it was.

Knock sensors are pretty easy to replace. If they are malfunctioning, then your timing could be all over the place. You haven't added a knock out box, have you?

You need to isolate which bank the O2 sensors are giving problems. They are very expensive. Over $100 each X 4. Cats gutted?

Tackle the knock sensor problem first. Either has to be defective wiring, or defective sensor.

Ben,

Intake has never been off, that I know of. No knock out box either. Cats are not gutted but I did do those e-cutouts and then took them off but that was a while back. I do have an exhaust leak right now. I have to replace the flanges between my headers and the exhaust pipe. Do I have to order those from Edelbrock?

Fatboy,

I didnt get your email. Send it to d_a_n_payne2yahoo.com

I went to the dealership and they said the exhaust leak is letting in fresh air to the o2 sensors and its making my truck run rich because it thinks its running lean from the fresh air. He showed me on his Tech 2 and it said something like 10% when it should be around 0% to -4%. What do yall think?

I should be getting this fixed friday and going to the track saturday or the saturday after that.

He said that its probably because the back brackets that were holding up my pipes broke and they were rattling pretty bad.

I have the back brackets fixed and I should be getting the rest of the leaks fixed friday. My muffler place said that they think there might be a very smal leak in the headers. You know, where the 4 pipes go into one?

My mods:

CAI

PCM4LESS

Efans

Cam

3k stall

Servos

Short tube headers

Dual flowmaster 40s

wow. all those mods, I would expect high 13's. :confused: I thought a 3k stall alone was good for .4-.5.

what did you run stock?

Archived