I couldnt catch up to a Titan...

MANDO517

I was on the freeway going home from my chicks house when a silver Nissan Titan reved me up.He took off first then i punched it.. I couldnt catch up to the damn truck...WTF!!...Im starting to get pissed of.... :banghead::banghead: ...

These trucks are pretty slow...Im starting to regret some things...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not too sure about the titan, from previous threads we have had, titan owners are claiming 14.7-14.9 1/4 mile times. :wtf: But maybe they have some merit, but from what I have read the titans are about 1 second more than what the titan owners have been posting. http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Gla...d=98684&src=VIP

Their truck is around the same weight as ours with less power, so i'd agree with msn autos. One of my coworkers has a titan and its definately faster than a hemi qc sport and slower than a hemi reg cab 4x2, slower than an SS. I'm sure this might spark the titan owners again, but it doesn't really matter. Try a tune from pcm4less, and a cai, some cheaper mods to give you more power.

There are programmers out there for the titan, so if your SS is stock that 109mph shut off creeps up pretty quick besides a stock titan has a higher top speed then the SS by about 10- 15 mph. :driving: So while on the interstate it was possible for him to pull away.

I'll bet its all due to the gearing on the SS. First thing I noticed on my SS when I got it is that the 4.10 gears made it damn quick off the line, but slow up top. Once you hit about 60mph on a stock SS the acceleration just dies off incredibly. Now.... with the Radix :thumbs: big improvement.

I'll bet its all due to the gearing on the SS. First thing I noticed on my SS when I got it is that the 4.10 gears made it damn quick off the line, but slow up top. Once you hit about 60mph on a stock SS the acceleration just dies off incredibly. Now.... with the Radix  :thumbs:  big improvement.

A custom tune can fix that problem.

Archived