STS Pics

Hey Gang,

As a few of you know i was planning on doing a custom turbo kit on my truck, but due to my lack of time to get into that kind of fabrication. I went ahead and got an STS kit and just wanted to share a few of the initial pics of the install.

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude... what about the Mazda pickup? You should be installing the STS on that beast!!!  :jester:

Eric, glad to see that you got it on there.  That thing is gonna fly.  I agree with Dylan though, should have put the STS on the Mazda. :banghead:

Actually the Mazda pick-up will be getting a Twin T-76 set-up, that should put out about 1200hp, at the wheels of coarse. Then i am going to SEMA and show everyone, what show quality paint jobs are about. :banghead::jester::jester:

very nice to see you got it in there, i cant wait to hear that beast at the next meet, i have a few questions how many lbs of boost are you currently pushing? Have you done any tuning?

very nice to see you got it in there, i cant wait to hear that beast at the next meet, i have a few questions how many lbs of boost are you currently pushing? Have you done any tuning?

I am going to start out with 8 lbs of boost and then try to log some data to see how close the tuneis. If all goes well i wanna try to run 10 lbs. in street trim. I was hoping to hook up with someone in cali that has LS1 edit or Hp tuners becuase i need to do a crank relearn procedure, because my truck was throwing a code for it.

I am going to start out with 8 lbs of boost and then try to log some data to see how close the tuneis. If all goes well i wanna try to run 10 lbs. in street trim. I was hoping to hook up with someone in cali that has LS1 edit or Hp tuners becuase i need to do a crank relearn procedure, because my truck was throwing a code for it.

Not sure exactly which codes you are throwing, but I originally got codes when I did the STS turbo with over 5lbs of boost. Allen helped me find the right table and scale it. If you find someone with HPT or Edit but can't get the table, let me know, I'll try to help you figure it out. On HPT, you are looking for Engine Diagnostics, and in the Gen tab, calc airflow vs. %TPS vs. RPM P1514 Error was the issue. Hope this Helps.

So that intercooler came with the kit, or did you fab up that part of it by yourself?

what's up with the FMIC???

and are you going to use meth?

Did you get the turbo upgrade and boost controller?

looks great! keep posting you r progress :chevy:

joe

I bought the intercooler off ebay, and i am fabbing everything needed to make it work. I am going to just run the intercooler for now. i don't think i would need meth until i get over 12 lbs of boost with the intercooler. I did get the GT-67 upgrade, but i already had a hallman pro boost controller, so i just used that one.

wow!!

and your rims are sick too...keep us posted as you sort thru details, I cant wait for some driving impressions...

I want to do the same thing with the sts...no meth but an IC and adjustable boost :D

you lucky dog you...

happy :driving:

Archived