G-Tech

FalconPilot

Anyone (other than me) used a G-tech. I do not have a timed strip to check it against, but it seems to work to evaulate if a perticular widjit works. Check out my times in the "anyone have any e/t's) post and tell me if they look in the ball park. They check out with the Car and Driver numbers, but i know that some of the mags use the G-Tech. (don't know if car and driver does)

Thanks

Chad

here are the #s if you don't want to go to the other post

Stock 2003 SS, all options but block heater, on star, and auto climate controle.

Only added accessory, Ryno Lining

Weight, (-) driver, (+) full fuel 5280lb

All calculations are with a G-Tech on a flat dry runway at 980' above sealevel

Truck had 530 miles on her, tailgate down, trany temp 150 deg F

Atmospheric conditions: Temp, 53deg F, 95 % humidity, 30.06"hg barometric pressure

0-60-----------------1/4 mile time-------------speed------------remarks

6.86--------------------15.32---------------------91.5----------1 passenger

6.62--------------------15.11---------------------92.8------lost passenger (got scared)

6.74--------------------15.27---------------------91.0

TOW MODE ON

6.88--------------------15.38---------------------90.2

7.07--------------------15.46---------------------90.4

TOW OFF, (CHECK RUN)

6.99--------------------15.43---------------------90.4

POWER BREAKING

to scared to look ----15.17---------------------91.4

Remarks:

all runs were consecutive. no cool down time

tow mode makes no difference

power breaking works!

Gets slow as she gets hot

All runs done on a 4500' long active airport runway in upstate NY. an S-10 with lots of boltons gives about the same times.

Have not tried this truck yet, but, The S-10 will go 0-105-0 in the 4500'.

A 2000 Honda VTR-1000 Superhawk will do the same but top out at 140.

A Dassault Falcon 900 EX(my choice mode of transportation) will go 0-120-0 in the same distance, but at 45,000lb! (and will go 3000 miles in 7 hours with out a

Sorry but i don't know to much about cars, as my mine describes I am a builder rather then a mechanic. I was wondering if you could explan alittle what power braking is and if your on the strip to get your best times do you just slame on the gas pedal or do you constantly push furhter down until you have the pedal all the way down. If you could help me out that woudl be great.

bob

lost passenger (got scared)

:D:D

The 1/4 mile times sound about right. I did 15.339 stock. The observation of poorer performance with increasing heat buildup is what I observed also. My first run, was my best run.

Bob, on all my times, save the last, I used my right foot on the brake. When I deciede to go, I took my right foot off the brake and stood, HARD on the accelorator.

For my last time, I used my left foot on the brake, stood hard on the accelorator with my right foot. This revved the engine up to the stall speed of the torque converter. When I wanted to go, I took my left foot off the break and kept my right foot somewhere in the neighborhood of the far side of the firewall. That is what I call power breaking. Putting the power on, while the brakes are on.

hope this helps

Chad

A Dassault Falcon 900 EX(my choice mode of transportation) will go 0-120-0 in the same distance, but at 45,000lb! (and will go 3000 miles in 7 hours with out a

"with out a"... WHAT? without a WHAT THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME! ARRGGHNUH..

:sick:

Sorry, with out a fill up!

Chad

Anyone (other than me) used a G-tech.

Mervz and I tested my truck a while back with one of those.... If you look hard enough, you can find a thread with posted info about it! :)

Justin :chevy:

Thanks for the info! Tried to do a search and came up with nothing. If anyone comes up with some good data, I would be very interested. The only strips around here are 1/8 mile, so I have no place to do the testing.

• 1 month later...
Bob, on all my times, save the last, I used my right foot on the brake. When I deciede to go, I took my right foot off the brake and stood, HARD on the accelorator.

For my last time, I used my left foot on the brake, stood hard on the accelorator with my right foot. This revved the engine up to the stall speed of the torque converter. When I wanted to go, I took my left foot off the break and kept my right foot somewhere in the neighborhood of the far side of the firewall. That is what I call power breaking. Putting the power on, while the brakes are on.

hope this helps

Chad

I use the G-Tech on my rice burners all the time. Thye are actually pretty accurate.

Usually an error margin of +/- 10%.

Archived