Lojack

luvmySS

Anyone have any experience with LoJack systems? Would you recommend one, have one, etc.?

The reason I ask is that, yes, it is great getting all the looks in the SS :thumbs: , but at the same time, it is also a little unnerving.

I would hate to get off work or wake up one day to find an empty spot instead of my beloved "precious". :eek:

(did you get the LOTR reference) :D

Seriously though, I am thinking of having one installed but I don't know much about them except what's on their website. I would rather hear firsthand from someone who has one or knows someone who does to see what you/they think of them.

In case you haven't heard of LoJack I placed a link below that will take you to their website.

LoJack

Thanks.

Did you get OnStar? It has a Lojack like feature. I do wonder how easy it might be to disable the OnStar, though. Still, it gives me some peace of mind and an insurance discount :D

Mine did not come with the OnStar system, but it is my understanding that all you have to do to disable the OnStar system is to break off the antenna on the outside. That's a little too easy for my concerns. It takes about 5 1/2 hours to remove the LoJack system and that is provided that they know where it is hidden and if it is even installed. No stickers are involved with LoJack so the theif wouldn't even know if it was installed or not. The antenna for the OnStar is a dead giveaway for a thief. Sorry I'm not trying to "bash" the OnStar system but it is like comparing "apples" to "oranges".

zippy, as far as making more every day, yes that is true but it is also true that they will be in limited numbers and it is a first run which are almost always more rare, when it come to collectors, thiefs, etc.

I'm probably being a little more paranoid over this than I should be, but hey, I love MY truck and I want to keep MY truck. :D

my understanding that all you have to do to disable the OnStar system is to break off the antenna on the outside

Yeah, that is what I thought too. Actually, it unscrews and I know the phone part does not work with out it attached (for some reason my SS did not have it when delivered and they had to send it too me later).

my brother in law is a police officer and i asked him about lojack-and he said that no local police departments have the stuff to track lojack only state police do. so that is kinda a downfall

the local police in my area do. my buddy works for a local force and he highly recomends it. :thumbs::chevy:

Lojack works better them most antitheft devices...I have it also, but like anything in life it's not 100% .....If the installer gives out the info of where they installed the unit.....it's useless, also from my understanding they only install them in 2 different locations in each different model, so it's not that hard to find, also the wire to the unit is connected to the antenna so you can follow it from there.

Archived