Converter Lock-up

At normal running temp the tach in this SSS shows 2100RPM @ 70 MPH.Stock wheels,tires & gears :cool: .

At first start up, or after the truck has sat long enough to get cold the tach will show 2250 to 2300 @ 70 MPH and can be driven for 100 miles (have actually done this :driving: ) untill I stop, turn the truck off,,,if only for 10 seconds.Restart and it goes to 2100 @ 70 MPH.The instant MPG shows a 1.5 to 2 MPG increase also.

Now I have a PCMFORLESS (Bryan :dunno: doesn't know what it is) and a Stock PCM,,,,,,,,,,they both do this. :banghead:

Any comments? :dunno: Maybe from you'all (LOL) up north where it's cold all the time.

Best,WP :seeya:

Yeah, there is something built into the programming that when the tranny is cold, it won't allow the converter to lockup until a certain amount of time has passed or the engine is fully up to temp -- something to that effect.

That's really strange that your truck isn't coming out of the warmup program. Let me look through my HPTuners stuff and see if there are any parameters I can find that you might not be hitting.

Archived