F.A.S.T. Intake

RacerJJ

I think the 78mm FAST is not worth the expense when you can get very similar gains from an LS6 for $400, and those gains aren't much better than the stock... If you have a big cube NA motor, the 90mm FAST is almost a requirement if you want to go fast (no pun intended).

I'm still running the stock intake. I may have to step up, but based on Parish's results with the stock manifold, I'll only have to move up if I want a 1000fwhp...

it's not a direct bolt-on for our trucks is it?

on my 383LS1 camaro the LS6 was worth 10hp, the 78 LSX another 10 and the 90mm w/ 90mm TB another 10.  overall power levels were between 400 and 550rwhp.

The manifold bolts up I believe, but there are some mods to make the TBs work, etc.

it's not a direct bolt-on for our trucks is it?

on my 383LS1 camaro the LS6 was worth 10hp, the 78 LSX another 10 and the 90mm w/ 90mm TB another 10.  overall power levels were between 400 and 550rwhp.

The manifold bolts up I believe, but there are some mods to make the TBs work, etc.

yes, it will bolt up, but like you said there are other thinks that have to be moved. I think one is clearance for the water pump. I have a 90mm LSX on my 6.0L block in my camaro :)

Archived