RSR and VHO

Ldogss

I was at the dealer this morning ...they put in a new dash panel because i had a burned out bulb...they tried flashing the computer 2 weeks ago to fix it but it didnt work...i wonder why :shakehead: ...i wish i could come up with goofy stuff to tell people when i couldnt fix their car at my job...but any way they had a r/c stepside out front with a 5.3 ..5 speed.. custom interior.. cai.. 1.85 rocker arms and a reprogremmed pcm and 285 50 20 tires they had a VHO there as well but what got me besides their price was that they both had drum rear brakes...is that cost cutting :confused: ...i didnt even now the new trucks came with drum brakes

My 64 Impala had drum brakes on all four wheels. I must say, I never could get balanced braking out of the thing. Always seemed to be pulling to one side or another. I finally did a conversion kit that changed the fronts to disc brakes. I did get pretty good a changing those old drum brakes, though :D

My 64 Impala had drum brakes on all four wheels.  I must say, I never could get balanced braking out of the thing.  Always seemed to be pulling to one side or another.  I finally did a conversion kit that changed the fronts to disc brakes.  I did get pretty good a changing those old drum brakes, though :D

Was your 64 a 409 car, or a 327 car? My grandpa is doing a body off resto. on a 64 impala SS 409, 425hp 4 spd. car. He also has another 64 409 car, but is a older resto. that he bought the way it is with plans on restoring it at a later date.

Archived