What I Did With My Night

Wicked_SS

I spent the night at my boyfriend's aunt's house last night and woke up this morning to a tree the size of Manhattan blocking my way, which meant I couldn't get to work. Not so bad...free day off right? Well, they finally came and cut the tree away about 5pm...so we came home and decided to rent movies and stay in. On our way to Blockbuster (we still hadn't been home yet) we ran into trouble. We got back to LA (wilshire and western area) and literally from one street to the next the rain started coming down so hard I couldn't see. I was tring to make it home, thinking that because I have a big truck that I would be okay. The street I was on started flooding, and within 5-10 minutes we were in water up to my doors, and within 10 minutes it was up to my hood...you can see for yourself below. Never...not in a million years did I ever think that I'd have to have the fire department come and get me out of my truck in freezing, waist high water....

Sorry if some of the pics are blurry...I was cold as hell and shaking pretty badly.

Here's where it started getting bad..

1.jpg

This is a car trying to make it through...

2.jpg

This is the water starting to rise, you can see the glare of my headlights off the water..

Here is where my truck died...the water is washing over my hood..

The cars in back of us...

After the water drained a little..

The water bent my license plate UP...

LP1

It also washed away part of my rims...

rims

And here's the worst part of all of it...

blah

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no interior damage...turns out sss are pretty damn waterproof! but it wont start at all, and makes a VERY VERY nasty noise when I try...I'll find out tomorrow what the damage is. it was towed to the dealer, but i doubt they'll cover anything..yay me.

yeah that sucks keep us posted on it, this rain is a little absurd i just heard a 16 yr old girl was sitting on here computer, when a huge boulder came through her wall, killing here. Its like the day after tommorrow

Man, that really sucks getting flooded

Your insurance will cover. Don't think about starting it until the fluids are changed.

That could be very bad.

When we got hit with Allison there was some water provision in the policies that the insurance had to pay fair retail.

Once water reaches a certain height on a vehicle it's a total.

Hopefully you'll have no problems

A years ago I came into rising water on the freeway.

You see pics of hundreds of cars deep-sixed on a freeway and wonder how it can happen.

I was lucky to be able to cut accross 5 lanes and take an exit. Had it been a few minutes later I'd been trapped and sunk.

I wish you the best getting it sorted out. Hopefully youi'll be up and running soon. :thumbs:

WW :cool:

You gotta love all this weather, were gettin the tail end of everything here from california... I havent seen this much rain since the early 90's... an article i was reading was talking about the 15/30 year storms.... But for us it's a good thing since this is the end of a 9year drought... Good luck to all you in cali... I wish you the best, This should be over soon.. :chevy:

Hope you did not get water in the motor. My son ran through some high water in his S-10 forcing water into the air intake ans stalling the motor. Luckily, I did not try to restart and got the oil changed. The oil pan was full of water. I would advise getting everything checked out thoroughly. BTW ... glad you are ok.

Archived