BELLTECH drop kit

Firered

well after market drop shops usually have less travel resulting in harher ride, and torsion keys will do the same , if i had a choice i would get the mcgaughy's kit but i heard something about beltech coming out with a new drop kit with spindles some time this year

Anybody has a part # for the macgauphy's kit? also much drop is in the mcgauphy's?

04 SSS

#SS2E- $255

#SS2D- $395

I believe they advertise the drop as a 2/4.

The difference is the #SS2D comes with the spindles. :thumbs:

Late- Alex

Thanks for the info!! I'm really trying to stay with the 2/2 set up. Unfurtantly I have to drive my SSS in the winter so I need some kind of snow clearence.

:mad:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Why go with that kit when the McGaughy's kit is about the same price and comes with spindles instead of keys? You'll get much better ride quality with the spindles!  :thumbs:

What is the difference between spindles and keys? Why such a difference in the ride quality?

Thanks

I have keys on mine and the ride quality is fine IMO. I bought mine from the shop that installed them (they make their own suspension parts)...$130 for the kit and $200 for install...total is less than the Belltech kit. I think with Belltech, your are mostly paying for the name. :dunno:

I have keys on mine and the ride quality is fine IMO.  I bought mine from the shop that installed them (they make their own suspension parts)...$130 for the kit and $200 for install...total is less than the Belltech kit.  I think with Belltech, your are mostly paying for the name. :dunno:

Woow $330.00 Installed for a drop kit! That is awsome. That is exactly what I am looking for, it is a shame that I am all the way over in PA and they are in CA. :banghead:

Archived