nitrous

vtodd82

ive read through the other threads and i cannot find a solid answer on what kit i want. i have conlcuded that a wet kit for sure is what i want from reading through the posts. i would like to do about a 100 shot. i jsut want to be a good kit that inlcudes everything i need to get going. also, can somebody give me some insight on how a wet kits works? will i ahve to tap it into the fuel rail? thanks

If you are going to buy new then definately go with a NX GM EFI kit with at least Gen-X upgrade. It would also be beneficial to get a MSD window switch. All of that together would make a very good, very safe kit. Zex is not a bad kit either, but I have never heard any bad about NX. I ran a NX kit w/o all of the safety equipment on my old camaro, but I am crazy. Good luck with it.

You also shouldn't have to tap into the fuel rail. Just take out the core of the schrader valve, and screw the line onto that. It takes about 5 minutes, and is completely reversible if you ever decide to take it off.

Aaron

what exactly does the window switch do. i understand it is a safety device. ? what about the purge, what the hell is that? i am pretty incompetent in the nitrous field. i know how and why it works, just not the important details. does that kit you mentioned have a WOT switch and the rpm switch where it wont spray untill you are over 3000 rpms? thanks for helpin out guys.

No that kit does not come with a window switch. here is a price break down.

GM EFI kit $550 to $600

Genx kit $350 i believe . This comes with Purge, bottle heater and bottle gauge. ect..

Window or RPM switch is $100 to $150

Mose people run a fuel safety shut off. $45 bucks.(i dont have one).

And you cant use a WOT switch that comes with the kit without alot of rigging it under your gas peddle because these trucks are electronic tb.(no cables).I posted pictures of my install awhile back. maybe you could search and find it.

Let me know if i can help you out.

hey thanks alot guys for the info. i really appreciate it. have any of you other than danpayne had any problems with nitrous. i have changed plans as far as getting a s/c, and i want to replace that idea with nitrous, i just dont want to blow me engine in the process.

ps what does the window swithc do?

thanks

todd

===i just viewed your picture post on your nitrous setup, that is very nice. it looks simple enough. my buddies setup on his mustang has got tubes and wires and pipes going in every which direction, i figured it would be a pain in the a@@ to install a nitrous setup.

superman, how long did it take you to do the install, and i assume you had to drill or cut through your intake hose? also how does it work, do it just shot the nitrous right into your airflow before the throttle body?

i know thats alot of questions, but i really appreciate any help you guys can provide.

hey thanks alot guys for the info.  i really appreciate it.  have any of you other than danpayne had any problems with nitrous.  i have changed plans as far as getting a s/c, and i want to replace that idea with nitrous, i just dont want to blow me engine in the process. 

ps  what does the window swithc do?

thanks

todd

===i just viewed your picture post on your nitrous setup, that is very nice.  it looks simple enough.  my buddies setup on his mustang has got tubes and wires and pipes going in every which direction, i figured it would be a pain in the a@@ to install a nitrous setup. 

superman, how long did it take you to do the install, and i assume you had to drill or cut through your intake hose?  also how does it work,  do it just shot the nitrous right into your airflow before the throttle body?

i know thats alot of questions, but i really appreciate any help you guys can provide.

You could install eveything in a weekend. yes you have to drill a hole in your intake hose. and yes again it shoots right into your tb.

I bought my air intake so that i wouldnt have to drill through the stock air intake for warrenty reasons. ;)

The hardest thing is running the wires through the stock rubber grommet (boot) in your fire wall.

Archived