Crappy times but nice to meet some members!

F8L Z71

I met up with a few of the guys from the site at Sac Raceway today. I got to meet a couple new guys and see Damon and Hank again which is always cool :)

The track SUCKED! Well, it did for us non-SS guys anyway. ;)

It was WAAAY over crowded and the track prep was lacking. It was so bad that on my first run I netted a stellar 3.64 60' and ran an 18.0@82mph. LMAO! I was so sickened by the track prep that I only got 2 more runs in before leaving and I ran two [email protected] on 2.35 60's. I just couldn't launch hard at all on these 20s and bad track prep. All in all I still think I could have gotten the truck into the 14s stock if I could have launched harder but I really don't care since the truck is going to be completely redone anyway. :devil:

Hell it was so bad that while driving out on the side road I watched a track offical jump the barrier and try to run across the strip to check the surface and he literally slide, slipped then fell because it was so slick and this was well after the 1/8th mile :wtf: He started waving his hands telling them to shut it down at the lights till they could get it cleaned up.

Anyway, just wanted post my meager times and say it was good to meet you guys and give Hank a hard time about his 12.4 runs which are still slower than my blue trucks. :P j/k man :cheers:

I ended up getting some good times myself out there. My last 2 runs consisted of a 15.39 and a 15.41. I weighed my truck after my last run, and race weight with my girlfriend and myself, I weighed in @ 4,650 lbs. I found out that with my intake, when I removed the pass. side upper and lower headlight, I picked up a little over a tenth. I will have to get my slips and post it later to see what my MPH was and my 60' times. I also think the track sucked though. After you left, there were 2 cars in front of me before I got to run my last run, and a guy blew his tranny. I didn't get out of there until 5:45. I know that if my girlfriend wasn't in the car and I still had the 16" stock wheels, I would have run in the 14's. Oh well. At least when we get the track for the day here in a couple of months, we won't have to deal with waiting for all the dragsters to go, it will mainly be just street cars and trucks, and only about 50 people. It was nice to put faces to all the names on the site. Hope to see everybody again at the next meet.

it was good to see you guys out there. i couldnt beleave that we waited over two hours between each pass. i still had fun. i had hoped for some better times but didnt get them. looks like i just might have to up my nitrous to a 75 shot. the guys had 100 jets there but i just couldnt let myself put them in. next time i think ill be a little faster. look out Justin. :jester:

which truck did you bring f8l?

I was in the stock lil grey truck. If the blue truck ran a 15sec 1/4 even with the turbo off it I would have put up a video of it on fire being pushed off a cliff. ;)

Hank. Keep me posted. I'll get some footage for ya. For some reason Nick didn't tape your truck so I barely got any footage at all yesterday. :(

were you able to get the shot of my truck smoking the tires 3/4 the way down the track?

it was nice to meet you guys even though the track prep. sucked. i had traction issus all day and the fastest i was able to do was a 16.1!! im proud of my 21.4 sec 1/4 mile!! smoke is fun!

Who has the video of the 05 mustang that wrecked?

Give me your email and I'll send it to ya. :0

could you send that wreck to me also. i didnt see it because like most of us we were waiting in line. :( just click on my name and youll be able to e-mail me. :thumbs: also, ill post again when i go back to the track. :driving:

[email protected]

Archived