Cutting Sub woofer holes...

Well i just got done my box for my two twelves and like it. When I put it together I used existing 12" holes from another box I had laying around and didn't have to cut the holes. My buddy's tahoe got robbed a few weeks ago and they stole most of his system. When insurance asked for receipts he gave them what he had and told them what he was missing but they ended up replacing everything he had receipts for and not just what got stolen. So Now I have a chance to get my hands on two 10" Jl's so i am going to be building another box and selling the one I just made. How do I cut the holes correctly for the subs? What has everyone used. Some poeple told me to use a jig saw but i dont really trust a perfect cut doing that. So I figured i'd try to get some input from you guys.

If anyone wants to buy my old box and lives in SE Pa, let me know and you can come look at it and we can work from there.

Thanx

Put a screw in the middle and tie a string to it and your jigsaw if you are having problems staying straight. doesn't really matter though, as long as it has room for the screws to hold, the sealant or gasket will cover up any little variance from the line.

use a rotozip

What is a rotozip? I guess I will try a jigsaw again but its a pain because the the pieces that have to get the cuts aren't that big and make it hard for me to put them on something to hold in place. I guess I could do the cuts on a bigger piece of MDF then cut the MDF to where I need it so it fits

Well i just got done my box for my two twelves and like it.  When I put it together I used existing 12" holes from another box I had laying around and didn't have to cut the holes.  My buddy's  tahoe got robbed a few weeks ago and they stole most of his system.  When insurance asked for receipts he gave them what he had and told them what he was missing but they ended up replacing everything he had receipts for and not just what got stolen.  So Now I have a chance to get my hands on two 10" Jl's so i am going to be building another box and selling the one I just made.  How do I cut the holes correctly for the subs?  What has everyone used.  Some poeple told me to use a jig saw but i dont really trust a perfect cut doing that.  So I figured i'd try to get some input from you guys.

If anyone wants to buy my old box and lives in SE Pa, let me know and you can come look at it and we can work from there.

Thanx

I've used a jigsaw in the past

Archived