Issues with Radix Install, HELP!!

I just finished my Radix install along with my shift kit and nelson Tune.

The Idle is all messed up. The thing surges and likes to rev between 1500 and 3000 rpm with out my foot on the gas. I can let my foot off the brake and make it to 60 mph over a little time.

I can't figure out what this would be. I am guessing it could be...

The tune, (will call nelson monday)

The Radix, (some intake or Throttle Body problem)

The Radix, ( Vacume tube problem)

The rpm's surge and drop back surge and drop back, but when I am in gear it stays more consistant, kinda like I am on the gas to go a consistant 40 mph.

Any ideas??

Also the trans temp is running about 200-230 now after the shif kit, is this normal?

Sorry need some help here!!! Thanks guys!!!

I ran all the vacume lines, they seem ok, But I will give it a good go over here and also check the mass air and TB connections in the morning, The truck is driveable, but I am not real happy driving it very long!!

So this most likely is an intake leak of some kind?

FOUND THE LEAK!!!!

IT was a gasket leak between the Magnacharger intake and the TB. Brand new gasket, can't get it to stop leakin, Using some chewing gum until i can look at it afterwork tomorrow, only one corner is leakin.. Dam air leak!!

Yep, check the tranny fluid level. And one more recommendation while you're in there doing all that work. Think about adding a bigger-capacity tranny cooler, especially if you're mounting the Radix intercooler in front of it. It won't set you back that much, and the stock unit really won't be enough to ensure sufficient cooling once the weather heats up.

That's going to be a really nice setup. I love the performance of the Magnuson on my truck. Run with the big dogs. :cheers:

Once the Idle was figured out and the leak was gone the temps are back to stock. I moved the stock tranny cooler over and remounted it so that it would not be effected by the huge cooler that I got for the Radix!!

How much pressure does the aftermarket inline fuel pump produce with out any thing extra connected to it?

Once the Idle was figured out and the leak was gone the temps are back to stock.  I moved the stock tranny cooler over and remounted it so that it would not be effected by the huge cooler that I got for the Radix!!

How much pressure does the aftermarket inline fuel pump produce with out any thing extra connected to it?

I would move the bigger cooler for the Radix to the lower grille opening. Brackets are out there for this. Others on here have done it, including me. That would free up room to ditch that POS that you refer to as your stock tranny cooler and get a larger, more functional one.

The brackets that BenKey refers to are the ones used to mount the intercoolers on the limited edition Joe Gibbs trucks. They are available as an easy bolt-on.

Right now I have mounted a larger tranny cooler behind my Radix cooler in the conventional position up top. I kind of like having everything up near the fan for when the truck isn't moving.

If I get tranny cooling issues this summer I am going to try the lower intercooler position. I think it was DCairns who not only moved his intercooler lower, but mounted two small electric fans on it to push air through when standing still. :cool:

Archived