USA Spec iPod interface

ThePDB

I just got off the phone with Amos from Crutchfield and he said that the USA Spec kit they sell (Item #581PA10GM) will not only let you control the iPod, but also see the display on the factory radio screen. It sells for 119.99. www.Crutchfield.com says it won't be available till 3-30-05. I never know who to believe, and without it being available I'm skeptical... I guess one of the nice things about crutchfield is they have free return shipping and you have 30 days to decide if you like it or not. Hope this helps all who had questions.

• 3 weeks later...
I just got off the phone with Amos from Crutchfield and he said that the USA Spec kit they sell (Item #581PA10GM) will not only let you control the iPod, but also see the display on the factory radio screen.  It sells for 119.99.  www.Crutchfield.com says it won't be available till 3-30-05.  I never know who to believe, and without it being available I'm skeptical... I guess one of the nice things about crutchfield is they have free return shipping and you have 30 days to decide if you like it or not.  Hope this helps all who had questions.

do you know if this will work with XM radio as well as the 6 disc in dash

I just got off the phone with Amos from Crutchfield and he said that the USA Spec kit they sell (Item #581PA10GM) will not only let you control the iPod, but also see the display on the factory radio screen.  It sells for 119.99.  www.Crutchfield.com says it won't be available till 3-30-05.  I never know who to believe, and without it being available I'm skeptical... I guess one of the nice things about crutchfield is they have free return shipping and you have 30 days to decide if you like it or not.  Hope this helps all who had questions.

do you know if this will work with XM radio as well as the 6 disc in dash

Ok, I just got off the phone with ryan from crutchfield (I like to put names because I don't have one of these yet so I'm only getting my questions answered from them) I don't want anyone buying this and getting upset with me. Ryan said that this unit wont interfere with factory xm. He went through step by step for my vehicle (2003 SS) and he said as long as the radio has an aux button it should be fine. I asked him as well as the last person I spoke to about the ipod text diplaying on the factory radio and he told me that was the idea. So 2 peope have said that's true now.

He said they are still on back order but if you order one you'll go on the list (wont be charged till it ships) Hope that helps! Chad

A month ago the crutchfield website said that this product will display the ID3 tags. If you look at the description now, that comment is no longer there. Which leads me to believe this product WILL NOT display the ID3 tags.

Be careful when buying this product, if your buying it with the thought that you are going to have disc/trak display.

A month ago the crutchfield website said that this product will display the ID3 tags.  If you look at the description now, that comment is no longer there.  Which leads me to believe this product WILL NOT display the ID3 tags.

Be careful when buying this product, if your buying it with the thought that you are going to have disc/trak display.

Thanks for the info... that's exactly why I put the names of the people I talked to. I don't know myself if it did or not and I don't want everyone upset at me. PAC audio said they are working on a new one that should display the tags, I'm waiting for that.

Archived