More Radix Issues, HELP

I was going to say... Running headers vs not running headers shouldn't need such a large difference in tuning.

My WOT is still fully untuned, but aside from that, I didn't need to do a thing for mine.

for those radix owners,  is there a whistle sound as you slowly step on it? (trying to make sure there is not a blown gasket or anything on the radix connection to the heads.)

Yes, there is a whistling sound as the bypass valve closes. This happens around the 0 mark on the old boost gauge.

Magna doesn't recommend a plug change.  They claim the stock plugs are fine.  It will run without any issues with stock plugs.  However, most guys go with a colder plug to reduce cylinder temperatures, which helps with detonation.

The stock plugs probably are fine with the rather cr..py tune supplied by Magnuson with the Radix kit. With FI and a more aggressive custom tune, it's probably better to go colder on the plugs and narrower on the gap IMHO. :eek:

I was only stating what Magna would. The Main reason to go to a colder plug is the reduction in cylinder temps.....which is better. With every range you lower you decrease the cylinder temperatures 80-100C.

Allen over at Nelson said he was sending out a new PCM, he thinks that it is a bad tune for the car to run perfect unless above 3k rpm and then buck and bog down.

Lets keep the fingers crossed!!

Sounds like your PE table is pig rich. Allen will get it sorted out for you. The black smoke, bucking and bogging are caused by being at or below 10AFR, which will also foul plugs faster than you can say "oh sh!t", which makes it richer, blacker, boggier, and fouls more plugs... Trust me on this one :)

I'd go with the TR6s at 0.35 or even 0.30. That's what I run.

you better get this worked out before friday for the get together 6.0ss. :D  i have wanted a ride in a supercharged SS for awhile now.  :cheers:

THere should be another Radix truck there, I can't remember who had it. either way, my truck is a rocket to 30 mph then I let is shift and it is good until 50 again LOL!!! :devil:

Archived