Roof makes noise cruising on the hwy

tawss04

Wondering if anyone has the same problem. When i am :driving: about 80-90mph on down the hwy the roof makes a popping sound. Seems like the sheet metal is not glued to the framing underneath. I never had this concern from any customers when i was a service tech for Chevy. Just curious before I rip GM a new one for this. :banghead:

Once or twice on days with high winds.

The roof on mine seems ok... now the windshield on my 2500 duramax... that's another story. I swear one of these days it's going to end up in my lap... it crackles when I'm driving every once in a while.

mine dose it about 105-110,  :D

if you think thats bad, get up there and see what it dose when you wax it..... :eek:  :eek:

:seeya:

No kidding. No matter how light I push down when buffing the wax off, that thing bends like crazy. I don't understand why it is so flimsy...

The roof on mine seems ok... now the windshield on my 2500 duramax... that's another story. I swear one of these days it's going to end up in my lap... it crackles when I'm driving every once in a while.

Hey ThePDB one question on your duramax. Do you have a bug deflector on the hood? If so i have a fix for that. I was a GM TECH for 8yrs with all the training. We had alot of customers with that same concern. Drove us nuts for a while. Finally realized all the customers had one thing in common - BUG GAURDS. For some reason unknown it causes the air to deflect around the truck and cause the rubber molding along the edge of the window along the door to flap on the window. Simple fix is clean between the rubber and glass and lay strip of double face tape to hold the rubber down. :thumbs:

Hey ThePDB one question on your duramax. Do you have a bug deflector on the hood? If so i have a fix for that. I was a GM TECH for 8yrs with all the training. We had alot of customers with that same concern. Drove us nuts for a while. Finally realized all the customers had one thing in common - BUG GAURDS. For some reason unknown it causes the air to deflect around the truck and cause the rubber molding along the edge of the window along the door to flap on the window. Simple fix is clean between the rubber and glass and lay strip of double face tape to hold the rubber down. :thumbs:

I do have a bug sheild on there... I'll definately have to try that! THANKS!!! It gets on my nerves! That noise drives me insane. :thumbs:

Archived