how about these subs?

ill get some pics tonight after work. Good luck with it, i dont use a cap, no need for one. They hit harder than i could have imagined. You asked if the lead and the ground were the 4 gauge??? they should both be the same, whatever you use. An easy grounding point is the seat stud on the floor...very convienient. Youll need a harness through pac audio if you plan on keeping your steering controls. Good luck again. :thumbs:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i bought everything of ebay today!! i think i got a pretty good price for everything..

i got 2 kicker s12L7's for 328 for the pair

1 kicker kx1200.1 for 375

and a voodoo wiring kit that is 0 gauge for like 64 bucks check this amp kit out i hope its half way decent

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

not sure where the digital volt meter is suppose to go but guess we will see. someone said i have to change my charging lead that goes from the battery to the alternator. is that a must right away? because i have to find out where i can get just a few feet of 0 gauge wire to connect the two that is what i should use right?

i basically bought that kit because it the same ebayer i got everything else from. cant wait for it to get here!!

i had already ordered my pack unit so that should be here monday i hope the rest of the stuff comes in quickly.

now this is going to sound stupid but can anyone draw up a diagram on how to wire the speakers up? i have never wired up dual vc subs before with just a mono amp. i am used to like 2 or 4 channel amps that is pretty straight forward. do i run the subs in a series to get the most power as in tie the two subs together or just run them seperate right to the amp. how can i get the most power out of everything? thanks

jamie

ps u guys have been great with the help so far much appriciated!

It says you got a 16 foot 0 gauge wire. If i remember I got a 15 foot power cable and I had a lot extra after everything was ran. If that is your case you can just use whatver is extra after you have everything set up like you need it.

wow thanks dan that helps out a ton!! makes life much easier!! i really cant thank u guys enough for the help. so which way would u run the amp?? these are the specs i got from kicker on the amp

300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms, 600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms, or 1200 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm

i am thinking i would wana wire it like the first diagram to get the most out of the amp correct? the l7's can handle 1500 peak power. if u think i should push them that hard how do i wire for a 2 ohm load? thanks again for the help

No, only if it was not meant to be ran at 1ohm. Like the BD series that Rockford use to make. They could run at 1ohm for a little while but would begin to distort or burn out. They were only meant to run at 2ohm.

Route66, you can run them at 1ohm.2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived