How many have had to do the

have you had to relearn?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. have you had to relearn?

• Yes
    • No
    • Havent installed yet

How many members on here have had to go through the relearn procedure when installing the new pcm?  Just curious how much time i need to get it done.

No relearn for me. I've got EFILive tuning tool so Bryan said I don't have to do the relearn process.

Crankshaft posistion sensor Marc. My new Auto Enginuity software does that now!

The security relearn must be done every time a different PCM is installed, unless the tuner shuts off the security relearn feature. Shutting it off make the truck much easier to steal, other than that will have no other effect.

Butch 02 Sierra Denali

Crankshaft posistion sensor Marc. My new Auto Enginuity software does that now!

The security relearn must be done every time a different PCM is installed, unless the tuner shuts off the security relearn feature. Shutting it off make the truck much easier to steal, other than that will have no other effect.

Butch 02 Sierra Denali

Not necessarily. Used PCM's that have already been run in a similar vehicle "usually" don't need the relearn procedure. Brand new PCM's that haven't been ran in a vehicle yet tend to require the relearn procedure.

This is a safety feature programmed in by GM.

"The password learn procedure must be performed if passlock sensor, body control module (BCM), powertrain control module (PCM) or vehicle control module (VCM) has been replaced."

A battery that goes dead could trigger the security feature, it was designed to make it difficult to steal the vehicle. Like I said, some of the tuners will disable this feature, making it easier to swap PCM's around. :)

It beginning to look like opening day at New England Dragway will be snowplow racers only!!! :D

Weather permitting I'll see you there Marc, I have a new tune I'm dying to make some runs on.

Can't wait to see Bills first runs in his CTS-V too!

Butch 02 Sierra Denali

How many members on here have had to go through the relearn procedure when installing the new pcm?  Just curious how much time i need to get it done.

i had to do mine when i got the tune from bryan. it took about 35 min. to do he sends instructions on how to do it .. very simple.

:seeya:

• 4 years later...

Archived