0.01 g/cyl at heavy throttle?

TurbochargedBerserker

When I was logging data on the other neat thing (DTC 1515) I discovered today, I also noticed I was running 43.5* of timing at 15.09 (stock map)... :mad: Guess I've been dodging the blown brand new 408 bullet for a couple of days...

So I looked a little deeper... When I start getting into it, my dynamic cylinder air plummets to 0.01 g/cyl (effectively 0) and the airflow plumets to at least 50% of what it was before. When I come off the throttle, it returns to normal. All of this with no codes...

Any ideas?

Could replacing a ground strap on the passenger side with 14 gauge wire and putting both straps to a header bolt instead of the back of the block locations be the root of this or do i have some weird intermittent short somewhere?

I have two choices as I see it. Try to figure out how two map to VE tables that have different axes, and different limits (one is a 2.5bar table, one is a 1 bar table) to one another, or ditching all the work I've done on the Megasquirt and reverting back to a 1bar SD tune in HPT on the PCM, and trying to sell my mega used somewhere, unplugging the new sensors.. etc..

Neither option seems particularly good, fun, or doable, so... screwed. Until I can figure it out that is

Unscrewed.

This one goes in the "no sh!t sherlock" category...

So, when you run MAFless, dynamic cylinder air gets calculated from the VE table, but when you have your MAF in, ITS MEASURED FROM THE MAF!!!

I just talked to Jim and yep, he still has his MAF plugged in... I'm glad I noticed the problem tho -- we was going to unplug his MAF soon. That would have sucked, because there's no way his motor would have survived 16psi with all that timing..

deffinitly something to keep a mental note on in case i see this in the future. thanx for bringing this up erik.

i agree kevin, that's i pick the left handed girls.  :jester:

Does that mean you like loose women? :)

:P you bet, much less complaining.

Archived