WOULD THIS CAM WORK

Do yourself a big favor and contact this place: FMS

A cam for a blower is a crucial choice. The wrong choice and you'll be bleeding boost. Cams that will work for a f-body will not necessarily be the right choice for our truck. So, stay away from those. Allen Futral is the man.

Also, he has the cams cut to your specs and what you want. They are custom grinds - mostly. A very quick turnaround for them also. Cammotion cuts his cams for him and they are just down the street from what I understand. Usually get them in about 10days.

I have that cam installed. I kind of chose that on because of my future applications as well as the price (free from my brother...lost Firebird project). Anyway, I was working with SLP (Don) and made sure that they had testing of that cam on a 6.0L blower application before I did the install. They do but the dyno charts are from a private party and SLP doesn't have them. They claim that their was a 29 HP increase @4K RPM's and 37 HP @ 6K RPM's at the wheels (don't know the #'s of boost). Are they blowing smoke? I can tell you for sure in 2 weeks. I will be installing my Radix on top of my set-up this weekend. As long as the tranny holds during the dyno runs I can have some #'s for ya as well as any bleed off at the upper RPM's. :driving:

Do yourself a big favor and contact this place: FMS

A cam for a blower is a crucial choice.  The wrong choice and you'll be bleeding boost.  Cams that will work for a f-body will not necessarily be the right choice for our truck.  So, stay away from those.  Allen Futral is the man.

I also contacted FMS I am waiting for a reply back from them as well as T Byrne for what the best Cam would be for my application. I am going to take BenKeys advice and talk to FMS first but I am also looking at the LS1 Hot cam as an option. I want to put the cam in the same time I put the radix in.

I only recommend FMS to design your cams because he will design you one based on what you want to do with the truck - a custom grind. In most cases this is better than off the shelf grinds that other companies offer. It certainly wouldn't be any worse.

Krambo, We will be be very interested in hearing your results with Radix. I got a note back from Allan at FMS and for me he said 210/214 @ 114 lsa. Don't know about the lift yet. I am still learning and shopping.

CD

Archived