lets see everyones setup

792993_16_full.jpg

792993_17_full.jpg

792993_18_full.jpg

I know i didn't make the box myself, it's a JL Audio Stealthbox, but thats how i mounted the amp... with a lil left over carpeting and some wood used to make a "cover" for the wires....

good luck with your box... i've never had a good experience making my own box, but then again... i dont work well with wood

cool cant wait to see.. i was thinking i am going to face my L7's up also. not sure where i am going to mount the amp yet.. i think it is close to 22 inches long so i dont think i will be able to mount it in the box with the subs.. it may have to go on the back side of my seat as well. only thing that sucks about that is adjusting the amp. if anyone can post pics of some 12's with a big amp mounted in the box that would be sweet!! thanks guys

Here's my setup. 2 10" Kicker Comps with a P3002 Rockford Fosgate amp. I have the amp on top because I never have the back seat down, and when I do I just turn it off so it doesn't over heat. It bumps good. They are both being pushed at max RMS. Not a single rattle inside the truck, but go outside and the under body of the truck rattles. It's kind of amusing.

P3130020.jpg

P3130025.jpg

This is my box I have to 12 inch 500 watt fosgates. I mounted my amps on top of the box the one on the bottom is 500 watts thats for my door speakers and the amp up top is 1200 watts that pushes the box. It sounds good enough for me all I am missing is a EQ to make it sound a little better.

669575_14_full.jpg

i am confused lol one person tells me to face them up the next tells me to face them down.. i can see bigts idea isnt bad leaving a gap for the subs.. i thought if i face them down and they fire directly at the floor everything bolted underneath the truck will rattle like crazy. i guess i will face them down and if i dont like it back to the drawing board

I have mine facing down in my truck, the bass sounds great but I can hear everything rattle on the outside. I am myself going to build another box with them facing up so it can use the cab for air when the seat is up and it should sound fine with the seat down also. Either way it should sound good.

I was always told that bass is best when it is reflected ... bounce it off something and you will be much impressed. Either way will work fine though .. I have a stealth box facing down ... i built a custom box that fires forward ... and I am now waiting on some free time to test the up facing boxes.

I was always told that bass is best when it is reflected ... bounce it off something and you will be much impressed.  Either way will work fine though .. I have a stealth box facing down ... i built a custom box that fires forward ... and I am now waiting on some free time to test the up facing boxes.

:withstupid: That is why I am building a new one facing up. I remember when I had these subs in my camaro they slammed insanely hard and I just couldn;t believe it. I guess when it bounces off the windows in the open air space it makes them sounds a lot better.

Archived