Detailing Products

rmcswain

Whats the best products to use and how show they be applied to clean your engine compartment of your truck. So far from what i heard is you should turn on your truck and then spray everything with water then turn the engine off and go in to clean it. Any comments?

-Bob

Bob - I have never used any products to clean my engine compartment. I have never needed to becuase I always give it good thorough wipe down every time I wash. So couldn't help you in the cleaning area too much.

However, once you get there, an old friend of mine taught me a trick to making the engine compartment look pretty awesome. All you do, after you have wiped all the water and dirt off is coat everything (metal, plastic, everything...) with armorall and let it dry. Your engine will look incredible for about 2-4 wks. An easy thing to do. Just don't miss anything.

-Ben

Klasse is a poly not a carnuba. Doesn't really shine as much but it lasts longer. Some people layer carnuba on top of Klasse. Learn more than you ever want to know at www.autopia.com

Archived