A.R.E. LS II Tonneaus

rmcswain

Had an ARE lid on my Z71. Yes, the rear tailgate spoiler needs to come off as the lid actually overlaps the tailgate. This allows the lid to be locked and the tailgate can't be opened, making the box secure. The ARE lid is a very nice high quality piece. Only thing I didn't like about it was not being able to haul anything taller than the lid, thus the Access Roll-Up cover for my SS. :cheers:

dsc00094a.jpg

I put the ARE lid on the SS. Had to take the tailgate cap off. Purchased a new straight cap, painted it and the lid went on fine. It also locks with the power locks, I think it's the only one that will do that, it handy. I have the bed rug and they can put that on the underside of the lid to match as well. It's kind of costly however it is nice.

Senior SS Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 661

I put the ARE lid on the SS. Had to take the tailgate cap off. Purchased a new straight cap, painted it and the lid went on fine. It also locks with the power locks, I think it's the only one that will do that, it handy. I have the bed rug and they can put that on the underside of the lid to match as well. It's kind of costly however it is nice.

--------------------

Shopman1 - Blue SS Delivered 02/28/2003

So far, I cannot find a hard tonneau cover that will work with the stock bed cap. I have seen several straight aftermarket bed caps that can be installed and work with a lot of different makes of hard covers. The problem is that all of the aftermarket bed caps I have seen are textured therefore would be hard to paint and match the finish of the tailgate. I was woundering if the trailgate cap you got has a smooth finish (like stock) that would be easy to paint.

Thanks

Archived