Hmm...SS meets Z71?

SinisterSS

Nah, it would lose its "ride on rails" cornering ability. Its cornering is a major attribute of this truck. I wouldn't want to mess around with its suspension. Nice photo, though.

Irymal - if you think that the truck corners well stock - Add new front and rear anti-sway bars and it will really open your eyes. At least a rear one is needed - I believe.

Irymal - if you think that the truck corners well stock - Add new front and rear anti-sway bars and it will really open your eyes. At least a rear one is needed - I believe.

Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyy. My dealer let me fool around with the SS for an hour the other day and I honestly can't imagine a better sports ride for a pick up. If it were not for its price, I would have purchased this truck rather than my '03 Silverado Z71.

Adding sway bars almost sounds "scary". :cheers: And with the SS's low center of gravity. WOW!

CONGRATULATIONS to you guys who have this marvelous machine.

Just curious, but what makes an SS corner so well?

The ride height simply looks like a 4x4 with the 2" blocks in the rear removed, and special keys in the front to make it 2WD height.

Probably a very well-engineered, well-balanced lowering "kit" from GM, which would also include unique torsion bars. I'm just guessing on the "kit", but I did read that the torsion bars were different.

I think GM did an awesome job of balancing y'alls SSes by giving it this type of ride, and keeping it "truck". Hardly any loss of truckability. I have no regrets with my '03 Silverado, especially with all the rebates and discounts which I got during the purchase, but I can't help but envy y'all.

What you have is what most of us gave up to own one. If I didn't have a SS, I would have bought exactly what you have there. The Z71 will always be something special to me. Nice truck!

-Ben

Thanks for the compliments, guys. Now, keep jazzing up your SSes so I can get some ideas on "upgrading" my Z71. :cheers:

The SS front clip is already available from Stylin concepts, if you're interested. Not listed on their website yet, but is in their latest sport truck catalog.

-Ben

Archived