Need HELP

mwarren

I am trying to jack the back end of the truck up to get the wheels off. Wanting to paint the calipers. I have tried the factory jack, which won't do a damn thing. I have also got a 3 ton floor jack but it won't reach behind the tire and doesn't have enough lift to do the job from the front.

Has anyone else had success, and if so what location worked? Any quick suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried it right under the axle? I have a idea but I wouldnt leave it on the jack for long, you can put the jack under your hitch in the back, jack it up like that, I have seen some guys do that but I wouldnt do it, too risky IMO, but just a thought. :chevy:

Mark,

If your jack has a long enough handle on it, jack it up at the center of the diff or the lower shock mount on either side from the back of the truck. If it has a short handle, try and come in from behind the axle at the side at the lower shock mount. Either way should get it up high enough to get the tire off.

:cheers:

Finally got the SOB in the air. The factory jack worked on the bracket for the leaf springs. Put the jack stands under it and now only have one caliper to go. Painting the calipers sucks but it looks good. :banghead:

Thanks for the replies.

Mark,

When I first saw this thread and your name, I thought, "What in the hell is Mark doing wanting to raise his truck......you're supposed to lower it"

I guess I should have read the thread before saying anything to myself! :D

Archived