No more Back seat!!

6.0ss

whats actually holding the amps under the back seat?? did u have to build some bracing or what? i am installing as we speak and my kicker kx1200.1 is 22.5 inches long!! so if i could do that setup that would make box building so much easier!! please clue use in on how they are held in there thanks!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would keep the seat or build a box that could be used as a seat. I don't haul people around a lot but it's nice to have that option IMO. You could always build a seat/sub box. A custom setup with a seat that is the speaker box would also look the best. Kind of like a hidden present for passengers plus audio freaks love the stealth stuff. :cheers:

Nothing, I have built 3 sub enclosures and they all just don't hit like I want them to, I am a Sound Quality Nut and really need my stuff to sound clean and good, But small woofer enclosures don't do that very well!!!

Forget the back seat subs and go for broke

SSsubwoofer.jpg

Joe,

That is one good idea, but remember one thing....

You always have the bed....if people want to ride with you bad enough...the will sit back there. All that matters is that the guy who owns it has a seat! :D

How hard do you want it to hit (like sledgehammer to the back). I have 2 JL 12W1 subs in small sealed boxes firing up( have not finished custom one yet) and they are run by an Audiobahn 8001T amp about 400 watts rms to each sub and a stinger chrome cap. It vibrates everything in the cab, moves my pants legs and make my hair folicles itch. I get a nice bass massage everyday I drive it. Would like to hear yours once. Looks Very nice too. Are you going to See ZIPPY in michigan?

I will be going up to see Zippy at that meet in the summer, It will be done by then,, It is supposed to be done by MAY 1st, Got the DUB show at the Mc.Cormic center here in chicago!!!

Last night I met a guy that does custom hot rod interiors and said he would hook me up and make my sub enclosure look like a seat for me, (bulid and stuff the foam and stitch the cover so it looks like a seat!!)

Last night I met a guy that does custom hot rod interiors and said he would hook me up and make my sub enclosure look like a seat for me, (bulid and stuff the foam and stitch the cover so it looks like a seat!!)

That would be bad a$$, Its crazy what people can do these days to vehicles. :thumbs:

Well guys,, the back seat is out and the construction has begun,

From a design stand point, I can fit 6 10's in a sealed box back there and still make it look like a seat, I can also fit 4 ported 10's and keep the same air space. What do you think, what will hit harder???

4 10's ported???

6 10's sealed??

Archived