SS Vin Numbering ???????????????????

shopman1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

:flag: I don't want the Vin hunt to go dead. So, has anyone ever contacted GM, If so what did they say, if not can some one get with them? If not GM what about the plant that applies the SS add ons, they must have some accounting by Vin. We know the numbers by color, so, lets try for the Vin's.

What about a category for the SS owners to enter there Vin in a list, I believe that the Vehicle number is the last 7 of the Vin. Should we should start a national Registry? What say you - all.

Edited by shopman1 (see edit history)

Just to let everyone know, I just contacted GM and they said that productions #'s won't be released until the end of the production year... He also told me that he doesn't think that they could distinguish the #'s from the standard to the SS Silverado's but did tell me to check back around the December time frame. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :sigh:

Sorry about quoting myself but.... :D , I have contacted GM and they weren't very much help. Maybe you or somebody else can get a different response form them or maybe they have it figured out by now. I kinda doubt it but the more people that bug them, quite possibly, the more likely they will try to find out. :thumbs:

Just to let everyone know, I just contacted GM and they said that productions #'s won't be released until the end of the production year... He also told me that he doesn't think that they could distinguish the #'s from the standard to the SS Silverado's but did tell me to check back around the December time frame. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :sigh:

Sorry about quoting myself but.... :D , I have contacted GM and they weren't very much help. Maybe you or somebody else can get a different response form them or maybe they have it figured out by now. I kinda doubt it but the more people that bug them, quite possibly, the more likely they will try to find out. :thumbs:

Thanks - Sorry I didn't see your response. I'll do some nosing around.

Edited by shopman1 (see edit history)

I'll check with some of the engineers at work (Saturn) and see if they know anyone in Canada that can get the numbers and sequence for us. I know our guys worked with them when we were redoing our paint shop a lot of the guys went up there to get there maintenance procedures.

I'll check with some of the engineers at work (Saturn) and see if they know anyone in Canada that can get the numbers and sequence for us. I know our guys worked with them when we were redoing our paint shop a lot of the guys went up there to get there maintenance procedures.

:thumbs: You go for it Hatrack - It would be great if you can get the numbers. I always felt that if one could get to the programming staff that it could be possable. Let us know what you find out!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

So... it's been a while since this thread was updated...

Did anyone ever figure out how many SS's were made 2003?

If there is a list with all the Silverade VIN's and the SS is the only one with an N in the 8th place it should be a simple task to sort out the SS ones and get a total.

This could then also be done with the following years.

That would be great! :)

There has been probably 7 topics on this and 20 other posts about it.

From a 10 second search ......

In 2003, the production was:

6,117 Black

2,802 Red

1,103 Blue

Making a total of 10,022 Silverado SSs.

Final production numbers for the 2004 Model Year of Silverado SS's were:

5098 units