new project? corvette hud?

That is a sweet option, it should be on the SS factory

one thing to check into is if there is a coating on the windshield, I think I read that there was in a cadillac night vision article.

Sounds like a sweet project, keep us updated

Also grand prixs and I think some buicks have them. Time to do a junk yard run :D

I think it would be almost impossible to retrofit a hud into our truck. The focus would be the problem, im pretty sure the curve of the windshield will be different, and also the rake. I work at a BMW dealership and weve had a few new 5's that had the wrong windshield in them, the display was all blury. And that was just with the wrong w/s. Cool idea though! :thumbs:

You not only have the rake to deal with on the windshield, but you also have the coating problem.....on all of the cars that offer HUD, they all have a DIFFERENT windshield that has a special coating applied to it to properly reflect the information on the screen.....and the difference between the regular w/s and the HUD w/s is usually a LOT of money!

You not only have the rake to deal with on the windshield, but you also have the coating problem.....on all of the cars that offer HUD, they all have a DIFFERENT windshield that has a special coating applied to it to properly reflect the information on the screen.....and the difference between the regular w/s and the HUD w/s is usually a LOT of money!

Its actually not a surface applied tint... its a special embedded treatment that allows it to reflect the HUD w/o being visible from either side of the glass... its a directional reflector as well. Essentially its a special type of glass.

If anyone does figure out how to do it I want to see how so I can get it for mine. :thumbs:

The mounting should not be an issue, and the gauges used in a vette, knowing GM, are probably the same as many other cars in their line up. It might just be a piggy back plug and play, or be much worse!!

The focus and the reflection could be an issue though. Good luck.

Its actually not a surface applied tint... its a special embedded treatment that allows it to reflect the HUD w/o being visible from either side of the glass... its a directional reflector as well. Essentially its a special type of glass.

If anyone does figure out how to do it I want to see how so I can get it for mine. :thumbs:

:withstupid:

I have access to a HUD unit from a Corvette. My buddy bought one for his 2001 ZO6, they didn't come with it that year. He ended up selling the car and buying an '04 ZO6 with it. I'm sure he still has it and would love to sell it.

Archived