ATTN: SOCAL!!!!!!!!

As you all know, I work at California Dragway (Fontana). I have found out about a private track rental that happens on selected Friday's throughout the year.

Here's how it works:

-$100 per car and driver

-Limit of 80 total entries

-Promoter provides food for entrants

-Track is open for unlimited passes from 3p.m.-11p.m.

Some people have gotten as many as 50 runs in one day at this event!!!!!

The next event is April 8th...I know it's short notice but we should try to get some people together for this. If not, there are several other dates available throughout the year.

Check out www.alternativemotoring.com for more info.

We must pre-register as these things sell out fast so let's get organized and do it!!!

Just a few of "us" is fine. If you check out the website, it say's that at least 60 people must sign-up or it will be cancelled but that doesn't mean 60 of us. I personally am not going unless we can get a good amount of people from the site just because I don't really need to test my car that much.

I've been signed up for a while for the April 8th event, and already attended one of these private events at CA Speedway in November of last year. It's a great deal. You can pretty much run as much as you want, especially if you show up early, because not many people get there until the evening.

It's pretty interesting, too, to see some of these guys with more money than sense (or driving abilities) take their expensive cars down the track. I saw this neophyte Viper owner take out the front of his car because he had no idea what he was doing. Pretty entertaining.

Might not make this if I don't get my pinion angle issue resolved before then. Blowing up the driveshaft on the dyno is one thing, having it come apart on the track is a whole 'nother story. Too bad I don't have leaf springs, it would be a simple $5 shim and I'd be set. Four links are not so easy.

Anyway, I recommend this event. :thumbs:

The guys over on LS1tech have already posted up a thread on this to get  this thing going. Might want to see if we can coordinate w/ them to get more trucks out there.

Sounds good to me. I don't really participate at ls1tech so if you could pass the word that would be apprecciated.

Archived